Saved converted files

Guest Matt

Guest Matt

I am converting .m4a files to .mp3, and Switch goes through the process to convert them and then save them and finishes properly, but when look in the folder I chose to save the converted files, they are not there and cannot be found anywhere else. Any ideas why that is happening?

Guest Guest
I don't think Switch currently detects if it has write access to the folder or not, so if it doesn't have write access then it will go through the conversion but there will be no file.

It should have write access to the folders I created, but besides that, it won't even write to C:/My Documents. It worked correctly before, then suddenly this problem came up, so I'm really not sure what's wrong.

Well if it worked fine before, clearly the problem doesn't lie with Switch. There could be possibly something strange going in with the specific files, but it's hard to say. Any chance you could send a sample file that doesn't work to me at tj[at]nch.com.au ? Otherwise it is difficult to help you any further....

Are all the files m4a files, or are some m4p files? m4p is a copy protected format and doesn't work with our software.

• 1 month later...
Guest Adrian
Well if it worked fine before, clearly the problem doesn't lie with Switch. There could be possibly something strange going in with the specific files, but it's hard to say. Any chance you could send a sample file that doesn't work to me at tj[at]nch.com.au ? Otherwise it is difficult to help you any further....

Are all the files m4a files, or are some m4p files? m4p is a copy protected format and doesn't work with our software.

I have just downloaded switch for the first time and I am having exactly the same problem.

Please advise.