Ton of Buggy Issues with Videopad Recently

I was using VideoPad for weeks with no issues. Then, all of a sudden, it started acting up.

1. Audio not matching video upon export, even thought the audio and video in VideoPad matched just fine

2. Saved VideoPad projects taking forever to load when I reopen them

3. Saved VideoPad projects appearing in black and white when I reopen them, even though I haven't applied any effects

One of my imported videos is 10.8 GB (took it on my phone). Another one that was experiencing issues was 5.3 GB. Is this causing the issue? 

I'm on the most recent version of VideoPad, and I've cleared my cache in VideoPad. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Also, what the heck, I have to post a LINK to be able to add a screenshot? What is this? 1980? Honestly, my entire experience with this software is that there haven't been any improvements since the late 90s. So frustrating. 

The link requirement was put into effect years ago owing to abuse issues.

Install this beta release, which should solve those issues.  If not, report back.

Shortly, a newer version will be released, but it's never necessary to upgrade if things are working well.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee is required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  If there's an issue, you can always revert.

Thanks!

That helped, but didn't fully remedy the issue. 

Some of the video clips are still showing in black and white, even though I haven't applied any fx.

The lag is better, though. The load time is also faster. 

Short loom video here: https://www.loom.com/share/d6c5d0cfb4044e8bbee61d4e9599bf94?sid=9df870a7-65a0-4520-b9fd-65a5da74ae91

Interesting.  It's a fair bet that this release will solve it.  If your project won't load, upload just the VPJ file and link it here.

But before you take that step go to OPTIONS | ADVANCED tab.  In the GPU section at the bottom choose  None (CPU only).

Restart Videopad.  Also confirm that the video driver and Direct-X are current...  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

If no joy with either suggestion, please share the project.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi borate,

I'm on Direct-X version 12.

I installed the new file you provided. unfortunately, when I tried to open the project, I get an error message: "This version of the project file is not supported. Try to update VideoPad to the latest version." I reverted to the first file you provided. 

Here is the link to the project: 4.2 - VIP Only - Steps to a New Resume Video FINAL.vpj

This is just one of the files experiencing this odd issue. I have several other files experiencing similar issues. 

I just bought a new laptop, and I made sure it was one with a top-notch video card because I knew I would be editing videos. 

I have an Intel(R) Iris(*R) Xe Graphics card and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 6GB Laptop GPU.

A revised VPJ file is attached.  Download it and double-click to load your project in v16.02 - the one most recently linked above.

Ignore the warning - just "load anyway."

Projects made with the very latest releases are not compatible with earlier versions.  Those made with earlier versions should be good in later releases.

Fixes for the issues that you are having should be resolved in time.  In the interim, v16.02 should do the job.

You tried the None (CPU Only) option change?  Don't use it if it doesn't help.

VIP_revised.vpj

Before I do this, let me make sure I'm understanding the order of operations:

1. Download this release version
    1. If I receive a warning when downloading, download anyway
  2. Download the attached revised file
  3. Open the attached revised file

Is that right?

Yes, I tried the Non (CPU) only change, but I'm unsure if it worked, because I couldn't open my project with the newest version of Videopad. When I open VideoPad now, it's reverted to "Default." That is likely because I reverted to this beta release of VideoPad

Outstanding questions

1. Assuming 1-3 above is correct and it works, how do I change existing VideoPad projects so they are compatible with the new version you've provided? 
  2. If I do 1-3 above, should I change back to Non (CPU) before opening the revised attached file (step 3#)?

1-3 are correct.  When you click on the revised VPJ linked above it should open version 16.02 with your project.  Ignore this...

image.png.

For now, it's best to create and save projects with that slightly earlier 16.02 release.  They should be compatible with later releases.

The latest isn't always the best choice, and can always be test driven to see what's new.

If you have created other projects with the more recent releases, post their VPJ file here, as you did with your current effort.

Default for the GPU setting is best, unless you find that None (CPU Only) works better for you.

Feel free to upload and share the project, per the step-by-step above instructions, and we'll check it out.