After update, image shrinks to video aspect ratio

Creative Forge

Hi, so I've been using VideoPad (verified purchased) for many years on and off. Lately I created a project using a video that was filmed with a mobile phone.

At one point I inserted a static image, and the static image would retain its dimensions.

However tonight I opened the project on my second computer, the error message said the video was created with an older version and I needed to update to the latest. 

After going through all this, when I opened the project the static image adopted the mobile phone "portrait" aspect ratio, which I didn't want, as the final video will be YouTube format (16:9/10?). 

I searched for a while but I cannot find any of the features described in VideoPad GUI. 

How do I make all my projects to be the same size by default, once and for all, no matter if it's videos or static images?

-0-0-

Oh boy. I went back to the GUI and right underneath the viewing screen, on the bottom right I just saw it! It says Aspect Ratio. All I had to do was click the dropdown and select 16:9.

Thank you, me!  😀

Well, back to work now. I'll leave my question and solution here as there may be someone out there who was puzzled like me. There HAS to be. I can't be the only one in the universe who... or could I? 

🙃

Cheers!

Hard to say, without seeing the project.  Share it, just as seen in the links.  This can be public or private.  Follow these steps closely...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi Thanks for the help! I uploaded the problematic project here, is that OK:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/aeyu1ansbo7a5ls/2024-02-27+00-42-04.7z/file

-0-0-

One more thing that's never happened: when I apply a FADE OUT effect on a current clip, it automatically becomes TRANSITION and pulls the next clip to it. 

Is this version of VideoPad (v.16.08) really ready for release? That's a few items that don't work as expected already... Should I downgrade?

Suspect this may be an incompatibility between versions, but it will be reported.

Drop back to this release.  Ignore any virus warnings.

And use the attached VPJ file in lieu of your original.  Just click though the prompt that pops up during loading.

No issues with fades were noted here;  adding them to several text files didn't alter what followed.

While compatibility between releases is normally good, it's not 100% guaranteed.

It's usually best to edit an entire project with the initial version used, or one that was released close to it in time.

Laura-Home_TEXT_rev - Copy.vpj