WavePad paste from one track to another doubles the gain

ypdave

Wavepad v19.05 - a copied selection from one track to another is WAY TOO LOUD only after being pasted into the target track. 

No effects or tools are in use. Straight copy / paste.

To UNDO it completely in the target track takes TWO UNDO actions, as if my paste command AMPLIFIED the selection first without my direction and then pasted it.

Cut and pastes within the source tracks or within the target tracks show no unwanted gain changes.

I've experiminted a bit and it seems to be a function of the target track, not the source track.

The source track was created by SoundTap and dropped into WavePad. The target was an exisiting track dropped in from my HD. Many other edits were performed successfully with this source and other tracks from the same directory BEFORE this behavior appeared. It affected other targets the same way.

A quick and dirty workaround for the sake of the project was to Amplify [attentuate] the source track to 50%, then paste it into the target track. It pasted at what looks like a doubled gain.

Why?

Update: I restarted WavePad, discarding the old project and the behavior seems to be gone.

Hi,

You may want to try to reinstall the software and check the result. 

Uninstall WavePad, then delete 3 folders named "WavePad" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\WavePad\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\WavePad\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue.

If you can't find the AppData folder, set Windows to show hidden files and folders with the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

Download the correct version and enter your registration code.