some OGMs ignore key response

Henry1999

I am using IVM to answer two different VoIP lines from Broadvoice in the United States. I have setup several menu options for customer responses via their telephone key pad. All menus require simple, one digit responses to advance to the next menu.

Most of the OGMs perform flawlessly. However, I have a few OGMs, which will randomly decide to not respond to key presses. Sometimes rebooting the computer helps, but most of the time it does not help. I have tried creating a new OGM to replace the troubled one, but this only helps for a short time.

Can anyone point me toward discovering the issue?

Thanks,

-Henry :blink:

The 'DTMF' tone's are not being recognised by IVM? It may be that the connection between their phone and your VoIP line could be causing the issue, and the correct key presses are never received.

Thanks NCHTO.

The lack of tone recognition is happening daily with various incoming calls from customers in different parts of the country. If I shut down the computer for several minutes, most of the time the IVM will operate briefly and recognize the touch tones. After several minutes to a few hours, it will stop recognizing the tones. Once one call stops receiving responses to key inputs, all key responses for all calls stop functioning properly.

Is there a way to adjust the DTMF recognition level?

Thanks,

Henry :blink:

After further testing I discovered the DTMF tone issue is related to how the caller is routed into IVM.

When the incoming VoIP call arrives through Axon, it is sent to IVM (extension 103) and greeted with a welcoming message (Please hold while we try the next available person...). At this point the DTMF tones are recognized by the greetings OGM menu.

If the caller does not touch any menu items, the call is sent through a blind transfer to group 701 in Axon, which rings the extensions within that group.

If no one is available, or it is after hours, the call is sent back to IVM (via extension 101) for a detailed options list OGM, which is a start OGM, for additional help. At this point the DTMF tones are not recognized by any OGM.

Therefore, the DTMF tone issue must occur after the call is routed from IVM and then back to IVM.

I hope this helps identify where the solution may arise.

Thanks,

-Henry :mellow: