THREE MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH EXPRESS TALK

wwultra

Hello

I have downloaded express talk to evaluate it and then maybe make a purchase.

The problem is that the product has many problems and the company refuses to offer technical support without you paying for it!

Please guys, remember that you're not the only provider of this kind of software in the world. I had written even an email proposing partnership (we are an internet service provider) but after seen that my message wouldn't even reach the company without me PAYING for it, I was really turned off.

The problems that I'm facing, if anyone could PLEASE help me, are the following:

We have 2 sip accounts, one with a brazilian provider (vono) and another with an uk provider (sipgate) to receive calls from our customers, and I configured the lines under options to use, respectively, lines 2, 3 and 4 for the uk number, and the others for the brazilian one. What happens is that, when restarting the software, the configuration for the uk numbers disappears automatically. Only the default configuration appears for all the 6 lines. In the first restart, it still connects the phone lines, but If I go under options-lines, there's no configuration for the lines. And, in the next restart, its all gone and I have to reconfigure it.

Another problem that I've been facing is that when I originate calls from Express Talk, the other party cannot hear me (but it works beautifully for receiving). No idea what could be causing it, and with voipdiscount software I can make outgoing calls normally.

And, the last issue about this product (we think) is that when receiving a call, there's no ringing sound, the line button starts to flash and the window comes on top, but no sound is heard.

PLEEEASE can a good soul help me with that?

I really like this product and I think that is absurd that they don't provide any support for testers.

I'm using express talk basic 2.06 under windows xp sp2.

Thanks all!

FABIO

If you're proposing a partnership have a look at http://www.nch.com.au/reseller/index.html

Sounds like you got the free version of Express Talk. Try downloading BE again.

Usually the problem with sound is a port forwarding issue. Make sure ports UDP 8000 - 8020 are open.

There is free support available through the help menu in Express Talk.

• 2 months later...
And, the last issue about this product (we think) is that when receiving a call, there's no ringing sound, the line button starts to flash and the window comes on top, but no sound is heard.

hello, I have the same problem, no ringing sound when i receive a call.

error message is: "Cannot file system file: /Applications/ExpressTalk.app/Contents/Resources/sounds/Ringing.wav"

and i didn't mispelled it

there is Ringing.wav in that folder, I don't understand why it can't read it.

I'm using Express Talk Basic 2.04 for MAC

thank you very much

Filippo

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Sounds like you got the free version of Express Talk. Try downloading BE again.

I have the same problem as the original poster: all line settings except the defaults are lost when the program is shut down and later restarted.

To the best of my knowledge, I'm running the paid version that I downloaded. Help/about says that the version is Talk v 2.06. It says I am a licensed user and shows my name. I take that to mean I am running the business edition.

How do I make Express Talk retain its settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: I downloaded the current version of Express Talk Business Edition (3.08) and it does retain the settings of all lines. However, it will not register the current version, because my registration is not valid with that version.

I don't want to pay for an upgrade just to use the features of a program I already paid for. Is version 2.06 available for download?

ok, back a step...I sent you a message through this forum with a new serial number...check your messages in the forum - top right hand menu..its been done back at my first reply.