Mac back up is incomplete

Dominica

Hello lovely people. new here to the forum, been using express invoice for years, just purchased a new iMac. i backed up on the old machine, restored on the new machine, but invoices only go up to 2020. i looked into the .dat files in the backup folder and that's where they stop, even though i backed up today! And i would've blissfully carried on for years thinking it was backing up fully! so what's the problem? is there a size limit on the number of invoices? thanks for any help! iMac OSX sonoma using v10.21

I am having the same exact issue.  I had to replace the motherboard in my Imac (2019, running latest Sonoma OS), and i didn't touch ANYTHING on the hard drive.. It was completely fine.  Booted up all my stuff is there, Launch Express Invoice and not only was it NOT registered (i had bought it) it lost all the data back to 2020.  I did a time machine restore back to 12/31/23 when my imac worked last, and Stil lthe same thing.  I looked in the data directory according to NCH Support and there is no data past 2020!  Where did it all go??  NOTHING WAS DELETED.  Nothing on the hard drive was even touched!  HEELP! 

I would like to add if i may, I think i am sort of lucky as I had upgraded from 1 imac to another within last year, and i still have express invoice on the old one to the last day i used it, so i should be able to recover 2021, 2022, and some of 2023 as i think i got his imac June 9 2023.. and being i only use EI for billing my custoners (i have never had to look up a previous bill) i should be fine..   Others tho, BEWARE.. DO NOT trust time machine to back up everything on your Mac, it apparently does not.  Use the built in backup inside of EI (Im assuming that gets everything)..  I still would like to know what happened here with myself and Dominica above.  It should not be.