Problem with Auto Hours

vkvrgic

Hello, I've been using IVM (now v 4.03) as a basic IVR with one voice modem and four mailboxes for about 6 months now and have found it performed pretty well. Recently, I tried to add the feature of "AutoHours" to increase the number of rings outside the standard hours to 5 (versus 3 during regular hours) and found it didn't work as expected. When I selected the "Increase number of rings to .... 5", IVM stooped answering calls (outside the regular hours). IVM gwould give the message:

AOpen FM56-PLX Controllerless PCI Modem Unknown [Not Answered, IVM answering mode is off]

I tired the other modes of autohours and they seemed to work. More specifically, I tired three scenerios with Autohours are here are the results:

This config works:

Weekdays: 09:00:00 to 17:00:00

Saturday: 11:00:00 to 15:00:00

Sunday: 11:00:00 to 15:00:00

Between these hours: Answer with default OGM

After hours: Answer with default OGM

This config works:

After hours: Answer with OGM: "1st Greeting" (Custom Greeting)

This config DOES NOT answer the call and give message mentioned above:

After hours: Answer with OGM: Increase number of rings to answer calls after by: 5

The only setting I changed in the three scenerios is the "After Hours" setting. Has anybody successfully changed the number of rings that it takes to answer a call after hours?

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Hello, I've been using IVM (now v 4.03) as a basic IVR with one voice modem and four mailboxes for about 6 months now and have found it performed pretty well. Recently, I tried to add the feature of "AutoHours" to increase the number of rings outside the standard hours to 5 (versus 3 during regular hours) and found it didn't work as expected. When I selected the "Increase number of rings to .... 5", IVM stooped answering calls (outside the regular hours). IVM gwould give the message:

AOpen FM56-PLX Controllerless PCI Modem Unknown [Not Answered, IVM answering mode is off]

I tired the other modes of autohours and they seemed to work. More specifically, I tired three scenerios with Autohours are here are the results: ....

Hello, just wanted to update this one.

I have since installed a CAHTA SHT 4B/USB but I still have the same problem. It seems that Autohours turn IVM answering mode off when trying to extend the number of rings after hours.

Please help ...... Thank you

• 2 months later...

I've tested this using SIP and it does indicate that IVM is off, but the call is answered anyway (with the appropriate increased number of rings).

11:18:14 Incoming SIP call

11:18:16 VoIP Call Attendant 102 [Not Answered, IVM answering mode is off]

11:18:20 VoIP Call Attendant 102 [Answered]

11:18:20 Answering call...

We've also tested this with a telephony board and it has a similar result... IVM reports it is off, but will still answer the call appropriately. The "[Not Answered, IVM answering mode is off]" can be ignored in this scenario. The developers are now aware of this issue and will hopefully fix the false message, but as I said the functionality is still there and working without any issues.

Are you able to post a log of what happens on your end?

Update: Version 4.05 of IVM no longer falsely reports IVM as being off.

• 2 weeks later...
I've tested this using SIP and it does indicate that IVM is off, but the call is answered anyway (with the appropriate increased number of rings).

We've also tested this with a telephony board and it has a similar result... IVM reports it is off, but will still answer the call appropriately. The "[Not Answered, IVM answering mode is off]" can be ignored in this scenario. The developers are now aware of this issue and will hopefully fix the false message, but as I said the functionality is still there and working without any issues.

Are you able to post a log of what happens on your end?

Update: Version 4.05 of IVM no longer falsely reports IVM as being off.

Thank you checking into this. I tested it again with a bell phone line and it also did answer if you wait longer as you said. :D