AUTOMATE PROCESS

dardar

The following pseudo code is an example for creating 50 extensions from 300 to 350:

BEGIN PROGRAM

QUIT AXON

COUNT -> 300

WHILE COUNT <= 350 THEN
	   CREATE REGISTRY KEY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NCH Swift Sound\Axon\Lines\Extensions\"+COUNT
	   CREATE REG_SZ (STRING) REGISTRY ENTRY "DisplayName" SET VALUE "Extension "+COUNT
	   CREATE REG_SZ (STRING) REGISTRY ENTRY "OutboundPlan" SET VALUE "Default"
	   CREATE REG_BINARY (BINARY) REGISTRY ENTRY "_PASSWORD" SET VALUE RANDOM()
	   COUNT -> COUNT + 1
  END WHILE

LAUNCH AXON

END PROGRAM

Haven't tested, I'm making the assumption that it will work.

For the password entry, it seems to be encrypted.. In theory (just assuming here) if you set a random password (or the same password for each extension) in binary form and then go into Axon and go to the extensions control panel, and then click the "Setup Details" then it should show the "decrypted" password. Again, I haven't tested this, and I don't hold responsibility for any problems you may encounter by doing this.

Just occurred to me for the password issue.. simply create an extension in Axon, set its password to one of your choosing, check the "encrypted" binary form in the registry, and then use that binary password when creating automated extensions. This should solve any problems you may encounter when IVM tries to decrypt a random string.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically what I mean is:

STEP 1: Create a new extension in Axon with the password of your choosing (this will be the default password for extensions created using the automated process).

STEP 2: Then check and record what the password is saved as in "encrypted form" when stored in the registry

STEP 3: Now using your automated program, create several extensions by adding the appropriate registry keys and for the 'encrypted password' key, enter the same value as the one you retrieved in STEP 2. Now these extensions should have the same default password that you chose in STEP 1 and you should be able to manually change the password if necessary through the Axon web interface.

yeah I understand that, but I want to set different passwords for different extensions. moreover I do not want to change that manually in axon web interface.

so my only possibility is to know how to encrypt and decrypt it

Well, NCH is unlikely to provide you with that information, so unfortunately I don't see that happening. The best you could do is maybe do about 25 passwords the "create extension, check encrypted form" way and then use those passwords over and over again for the extensions you create. Obviously it isn't the ideal situation since the passwords will eventually repeat, but it does add some form of security.

The only other method I can think of is using an Auto it mouse script which basically records a series of mouse actions (movements and clicks) to do repetitive actions for you. So depending on the software you use to do this, it may be possible for example to record the action of creating a new extension in Axon, then give the program a list of user names and passwords to use and then just get it setup to create extensions one by one for you.

• 2 months later...
Well, NCH is unlikely to provide you with that information, so unfortunately I don't see that happening. The best you could do is maybe do about 25 passwords the "create extension, check encrypted form" way and then use those passwords over and over again for the extensions you create. Obviously it isn't the ideal situation since the passwords will eventually repeat, but it does add some form of security.

The only other method I can think of is using an Auto it mouse script which basically records a series of mouse actions (movements and clicks) to do repetitive actions for you. So depending on the software you use to do this, it may be possible for example to record the action of creating a new extension in Axon, then give the program a list of user names and passwords to use and then just get it setup to create extensions one by one for you.

I have created a good java interface to Manage Axon and automate some of the configuration, but only thing which is a problem is the password. I don't knwo why NCH is not publishing their encryp' technique for password creation for each extensions or even the reason why those passwords are protected in the registry which will be accessed only by the ADMIN of the Server.

I sure need NCH reply on this one, provide the encryption tech' or make the password open in the registry.