Need help setting up mailboxes

mcastellanos

Trying to setup my mailbox structure. As im adding new mailboxes, they are mailbox 1 - 100 etc.

I'm trying to setup the mailboxes for 1000 - 2000 and 4000 - 5000, im wondering if there is a way to set the mailboxes manually instead of having to create a new mailbox instead of creating mailboxes 100 - 999 to get to 1000. Any input?

Guest nchto

You're talking about the names of the Voice Mailboxes in IVM, correct? When you create a mailbox you're given the option of entering its name... You can simply type in your 1000 or whatever. Alternatively you can right click on a mailbox and select "Rename Mailbox...".

You're talking about the names of the Voice Mailboxes in IVM, correct? When you create a mailbox you're given the option of entering its name... You can simply type in your 1000 or whatever. Alternatively you can right click on a mailbox and select "Rename Mailbox...".

So.. if im understanding you correctly..

Mailbox 1000 is the same as 1000, the program just looks at the numbers?

I.E. I've tried creating a mailbox as 2001, simulated a call and dialed extension 2001, and it does not go to the correct mailbox.

The only way ive gotten that to work is to create "Mailbox 2000" and then when I dial 2000 it goes to the corret mailbox.

I'm not sure I understand your exact issue, but here is what I did with ver 4.02.

I downloaded and loaded the mbx1000.ivr from the Example IVR Scripts in the Help menu. I created "Mailbox 2001". I then changed the OGM to allow four digits and changed the maximum value to 2999. It wouldn't record my message until I recorded a greeting for some strange reason. Using simulator, I was then able to leave a message for mailbox 2001.

I did not create mailboxes 21-2000 to get this to work.

Am I missing something?