fixed

robertLang

I can send files via email to demonstrate this too.

In 4/4 time make five bars, whole notes,

A    B    C    D    E  Crescendo will play through one time 

But now use begin repeat (br) and end repeat (er) o play 

A    B    C    D    A    B    C    D    E

You will write it as 

(br) A    B    C    D (er) E  but this will play as   

A    B    C    D    A    B    C    D    E

Now how can you play back

A    B    C    D    A    B    C    D    A    B   [NO C    D    HERE]   E without recoding the whole thing?  Use Notation and Volta from the menu

insert Volta 1.,2. 

over C AND D   

(br) A    B   C    D (er) 

The replay is 

(br) A    B  [enter volta 1st time] C    D (er) [wraps back to start of line (br) A    B   [enter volta 2nd time] C    D (er) [wraps back to start of line (br) A    B    [but CANNOT re-enter 1.,2. volta a 3rd time and bounces out to E

Thus it plays as

A    B    C    D    A    B    C    D    A    B   E

The entry point in Crescendo is a counter.  In my case, a broken counter that will not do a Volta 1.,2. in the bar 55 and 56, as it is supposed to do.  I have to write is as 

insert Volta 1. [ONLY]       And create a NEW BAR to place Volta 2.

over C AND D                            Again over C D  

(br) A    B   C    D (er)                                     C    D (er

The replay is 

(br) A    B  [enter volta 1.  1st time] C    D (er) [wraps back to start of line (br) A    B   [CANNOT enter volta 1, so jumps to Volta 2] C    D (er) [wraps back to start of line (br) A    B    [but CANNOT re-enter Volta 1. NOR Volta 2., thus bounces out to E

So, it plays as

A    B    C    D    A    B    C    D    A    B   E

I should not have to write goofy extra bars to end run a counter problem

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 8:27 PM, Susan Su said:

Yeah, I have issur with Volta too, so give it up and turn to "D.S. al Coda" etc. now 

Is there a way to share my CDO file with you?  D.S.al Coda works but I cannot figure out how to use multiple signs.  Can one do that? 

Well, for now, I have a tech looking at the code.

7 hours ago, n1x1 said:

Hi guys,

SInce this case is a pressing mater, I would advice each and one of you to send you suggestion\remark to the development team on the following page: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

This should press the issue and prioritize the fix. 

Been there and did that.   Moreover, I understand what the issue is and have offered to help trouble shoot that.  But then, you want me to load a trouble shoot version of the program and that is NOT bug free, sooo,,,, no thanks.  Why not reset the zero state on the pass counter before starting a volta?  That may be an issue  if you can embed a volta in a volta but I have no history of that being the norm.

1 hour ago, robertLang said:

Been there and did that.   Moreover, I understand what the issue is and have offered to help trouble shoot that.  But then, you want me to load a trouble shoot version of the program and that is NOT bug free, sooo,,,, no thanks.  Why not reset the zero state on the pass counter before starting a volta?  That may be an issue  if you can embed a volta in a volta but I have no history of that being the norm.

I also submitted my .CDO file for inspection but had ZERO FEEDBACK regarding it.

1 hour ago, robertLang said:

And YES, I submitted via upload my CDO files for inspection.