Videopad 13.62 unlicensed, private use, suddenly disallows use of most audio filters

leokhorn

Hello!
I started using Videopad 13.62 on September 21st 2023, in unlicensed mode, for a personal non-commercial project. Worked multiple days on it and completed it successfully, using a variety of FXs, video and audio, including the Amplify filter ("Amplifier" in my French version).
I know for sure that it's the case because when I load the final project version, I can see the FX applied to a number of audio clips.

Problem: on a new project AND when now editing this older project, if I try to add Amplify to an audio clip, Videopad refuses, saying the feature is only available in Professional Edition and -- oh -- there happens to be a sale at this very moment, until the end of December. I hope I'm wrong, but that's a strangely coincidental coincidence.

I don't remember hitting any limitations during that first project, and, again, it includes the very FX I can now apparently not use without paying. I can't have added the FX a few months ago unless it allowed it. So why can I not do so anymore and why does it seem like the rules changed while I wasn't looking?

Of note: I did not update the program at any point through that time.