PROBLEM CALLING OUT WITH SPA3102

dcebria

I have SPA3102 + axon + express talk.

I have followed all the steps to configure as per your web page.

Main use for me is to call from LAN to PSTN phones through LAN.

Now I can:

- Dial out.

- I can hear the other side (regular phone)

My problem:

- Nobody can hear me.

It seems there is an outgoing signal problem from the SPA3102 to the PSTN line, or between AXON and SPA3102.

Checkings done:

- Checked from different computers in my LAN, and I have same problem.

- I can place calls between 2 computers in same LAN with Express Talk, and the comunication is fine.

- The problem is not in the phone line, if I plug a normal phone to the telephone line, I can call hear and speak... so the problem is not in the wiring of the telephone.

I don't know what could I test more... do you have any help for me???

Wait for your soonest answer.

Thanks

David Cebria

Spain-Europe.

Sounds like the port settings ... check your firewall/router is forwarding SIP/RTP ports to your Axon server.

Dear Chuckler thanks for your post. I don't thing the problem is in the firewall. For this call I'm not using it... I'm trying to call through a regular PSTN line to the outside, not trying to call through an VOIP provider... so my comunication scheme is: From a computer in the LAN I call to the server with AXON, the AXON comunicates through the SP3102 using a regular phone line... so the firewall is not used for this action. Do you have another suggestion???

Thanks

David.

Guest nchto

As the SPA3102 is registered with Axon, and you have tested the Axon communications (between two Express Talks) the problem is likely between the SPA3102 and your telephone line (some of the settings must not be right). There is a very good post on the forum which guides through the installation of this device. We also have our own installation guide.

Have a look at:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5091

and

http://www.nch.com.au/hardware/setup/fxo.html#AAB

As the SPA3102 is registered with Axon, and you have tested the Axon communications (between two Express Talks) the problem is likely between the SPA3102 and your telephone line (some of the settings must not be right). There is a very good post on the forum which guides through the installation of this device. We also have our own installation guide.

Have a look at:

spam://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5091

and

spam://www.nch.com.au/hardware/setup/fxo.html#AAB

I set up the system following those both instructions. But I will recheck all again. If any problem let you know.

Thanks.