call transfer not working

sara

Hi everybody, I just received my USB 4 port device from NCH. I am considering returning the device today becasue I am currently facing the same problem, many of you have, with transferring calls. When I try to manually transfer a call using my phone, it works like a charm BUT using the IVM, there is no way to make it work. I see numerous threads about this problem with no real good answer. Can anyone help?

On my Vonage phone, I just push the flash button, then enter #90XXX-XXX-XXXX (phone number) and it works,

Using the IVM software , I get this:

23:59:25 Caller pressed key [1]

23:59:25 Command - Transfer

23:59:25 Dialing: !

23:59:25 Dialing complete

23:59:25 Dialing: #90XXX-XXX-XXXX

23:59:25 Play system prompt: RecordTone

23:59:26 Dialing complete

23:59:26 Transfer complete so drop call

can anyone help?

thanks

Sarah

• 3 months later...

The problem is that your line provider may be switching this feature off when they suspect that you are

over using it. They may not even tell you and it may turn on and off until it drives you nuts!

You may want to check with your provider if they allow "Conference Calling". This is what it's called when you

initiate a call and then connect that number to a third party while exiting the call. It's different than three way calling

where you stay in the line. The phone companies frown upon the use of this feature because in actuality you are

calling more than one number at a time, therefore putting additional line traffic. If you do it while running

IVM's OGM outbound and making continuous calls, the line proiver, whether land or VoIP, will eventually turn off the feature.

I am trying to find a solution but so far have not found anything inexpensive.