Weird black bars on transitions

ardbert

Hey all, any help would be appreciated here.

I've made a video that's just a bunch of black and white images that pan/zoom/position over a white screen, or so I thought.

Everything looks fine until I use a transition - doesn't matter what kind - and black/grey bars appear at the edge of the images. 

Took a gif of this happening here: https://i.imgur.com/tEUZkFB.gif

This is driving me a little crazy as I thought if I had a white image/video in the layer below the panning images as a background, this wouldn't happen. The video is basically behaving as if the background underneath the images were black, when I thought I made it white.

This is how I've set up the video itself: https://i.imgur.com/ZMyZVQO.png - see the yellow boxes for what I mean. 

I must be doing something wrong, because even the "fade through white" transitions are still showing the edges of the images as grey. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't replicate that here.  A white background shouldn't be needed.  Use the Fade Through White transition.

What version of Videopad is being used?  Test the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee is required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  If there's an issue, you can always revert.

Share a few images and confirm that it's Fade Through White that you want.  Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, right-click the link and Share.  Copy the result and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I downloaded the latest version of Videopad via your link, and it's still happening.

Here's another gif - https://imgur.com/u6uq00o

You can see that I've selected fade through white, but there's still a black background image (you can see it to the right of the frame with the dog in it). 

I also uploaded the WIP video itself here on Youtube: https://youtu.be/uyHclpIQAJc -there's no sound in it yet. 

I should have pointed out that this issue is only happening on the frames I'm giving some motion (using the position tool) - the static frames aren't giving me any trouble with the background. So I'm still pretty stumped.

Share the project and we'll take a look.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for sharing.  Do this...

Select all clips on track 3

Click the first, hold down <shift> and click the last.

Right-click on any clip and ADD EFFECTS.

Choose ZOOM, set the Left field to 3.0, then click the Replace Effect Chain icon (green check mark) .   image.png