Variables and Logs

BISLY

Hello!

I need help about showing the information the caller have pressed on the special log file.

i have added %name of variable% into the file format and yet it dosnt show it to me..

i have read the help topic maybe a thousend of times and still i cant figure it out.

please help me! i tried evrything

Going to need more infomation before I can understand what you need help with.

Where/how are you using "%name of variable%"?

What do you expect to see and where do you expect to see it?

Be specific please.

On the First OGM i select the menu (single press) option on the key response tag.

On the second OGM i select the data entry option on the ke response tag.

i give the variable a name. for example "menu1"

now. i want the log to say the option the caller entered on both cases

11.06.07, 21:00 caller pressed 1 on the firs ogm, caller pressed: 45634 on the second ogm,

this is the log i want for each caller.

i watche the help file to figure out how it is done and i did what is written:

i placed the variable in the special log for a example:

%date%,%cid%,%menu1"

and it still didnt work- it shows the the date and the cid but nothing else

i hope now u will understand my problem.

thank u for ur help

I don't know if you just made a typo in your post, but you have %menu" instead of %menu% which would be a problem if that's how it was typed into IVM.

If it is %date%,%cid%,%menu1% and nothing shows up after the caller id, then menu1 must not have any information stored in it.

What does the log say when the caller enters the digits on the second OGM?

Does the log report saving that value to the variable?

Guest nchto

If you are using the OGM data entry option to create a variable, you cannot use this variable until the following OGM.

So in your case you have OGM1 with the keypress, OGM2 with the variable data entry, you would then need an OGM3 to use/record this variable in the log file.

• 1 month later...
I don't know if you just made a typo in your post, but you have %menu" instead of %menu% which would be a problem if that's how it was typed into IVM.

If it is %date%,%cid%,%menu1% and nothing shows up after the caller id, then menu1 must not have any information stored in it.

What does the log say when the caller enters the digits on the second OGM?

Does the log report saving that value to the variable?

hi, do you know how is possible to have the data of call number, because it appear in the logs, but if you call %call number% data, nothing happen.

Thanks

• 9 months later...

:angry: Guys:

I have an OGM which gives you the option of going to 8 other ogms. I want the system to record the users selection and continue the IVM flow. I am doing what you guys describe, but the number pressed does not show either in the program screen nor the log file. I've tried like a thousand combinations of cretaing the variable in ogm 1, oGM 2, sPECIAL LOG IN ogm 2 and so forth and get nowhere. I am getting desperate here. It is my understanding that I need to put Key Press in OGM1, Give a variable name (Data Entry) in OGm2 to the number pressed in OGM1, and Create Special log in Advanced Tab In OGm3. Could someone give me directions? :(