CD Burn problems

gcsheph

Using Pioneer DVD R/rw DVD_ReWritable unit. Other products write CD's on this drive ok.

I was testing Express Burn prior to potentially buying a larger version. I opened 7 MP3 files in Express Burn (Audio CD checked) and each plays properly. When I attempt to burn to a CD-R disc, the system quits after just a few seconds and says "cd ready for use" but there is no data on it. Maybe there is something incompatible with what I'm trying but I can't figure it out. Any ideas you have would be most appreciated. Thanks. Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Gary,

I had a similar problem as you with blank disk after burn. I use a Pioneer DVR-710 internal burner. I just purchased Express Burn last week and I would start Express Burn and click on "Add Files" and selected the files I wanted to burn. Then I would click on "Burn CD" in the lower right corner. At this time a drop down window would display and ask whether to "Burn directly to internal burner" or "Burn using Windows Media Player." I did not pay attention to this window close enough. It was defaulted to "Burn directly to internal burner" and everytime I tried to burn this way I had the same problem you did. I finally paid closer attention and chose the second option "Burn using Windows Media Player." I no longer have problems burning CD Disks. It works great now however I am not sure this will solve your problem but thought I would suggest it.

Good Luck

Dick

• 3 weeks later...
Using Pioneer DVD R/rw DVD_ReWritable unit. Other products write CD's on this drive ok.

I was testing Express Burn prior to potentially buying a larger version. I opened 7 MP3 files in Express Burn (Audio CD checked) and each plays properly. When I attempt to burn to a CD-R disc, the system quits after just a few seconds and says "cd ready for use" but there is no data on it. Maybe there is something incompatible with what I'm trying but I can't figure it out. Any ideas you have would be most appreciated. Thanks. Gary

I too had this problem I loaded a bunch of tracks burned using express burn it took a while then it checked them then there was nothing there , haven't tried it since ,too frustrating but I do need to burn some data dvd's soon thanks Dale

Guest nchto

We will be releasing an update to Express Burn shortly. Please see if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I experience the same problems. My burner is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D.

Also tried the tip "Burn using Windows Media Player." but only 4 files out of the 8 are copied.

Impossible to find any email address to post my problem, but nothing available.

Please advise,

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

I too am not able to get the audio cd's to burn. I go through the process and it says the cd is ready to use... then the cd is empty. I even tried it using Window Media Player option with no such luck. I am trying to burn sermons recorded into wavepad saved as either an mp3 or wave file. I thought maybe it was the files so I tried just opening up Window Media Player and it burned just fined. I really liked express burn because it is simple to use and I liked when i tried it, but when I purchased it I can't get it to work. does anyone have any suggestions? Please help.