No Sound

Guest Scott

Guest Scott

When I convert a certain wav file to mp3 using Switch (variable bit rate), I get an mp3 file, but when I play it, there is no sound. It plays like any other mp3, but it's absolutely quiet. The wav file plays in Switch, but the conversion does not.

I know it's not the volume or anything like that because I converted another wav file to mp3 the same way, and it plays just fine.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

would you be open to sending that file to me to look at? send it to tj [at] nch.com.au

if you can't do that, is there anything different about this particular file compared to the files that work fine? did you try converting that particular file to any format other than mp3 and see if it worked?

• 4 months later...
When I convert a certain wav file to mp3 using Switch (variable bit rate), I get an mp3 file, but when I play it, there is no sound.  It plays like any other mp3, but it's absolutely quiet.  The wav file plays in Switch, but the conversion does not.

I know it's not the volume or anything like that because I converted another wav file to mp3 the same way, and it plays just fine.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

<_<

Sorry to tag onto your message, but I'm having a similar problem, but now both the original wav file and the mp3 won't produce any sound, they play, but no sound!

• 2 weeks later...