Using CallURL Boards

ckraus

Hi,

I've got two questions someone here might have some ideas with...

I've got a PC with XP SP2 installed on it and two fo the CallURL 8LV boards.

In Voice Activated mode VRS seems to work very well.. Great sound etc..

My only problem in Voice Activated mode is occasionally VRS will record a few seconds of humming/static on a few of the lines. Raising the detection threshold did nothing and playing with the options did nothing either..

Any ideas?

So I tried using the Telephony Device control option (with the callerid option selected to the same line as per doco). My problem with this option is on the screen you can see the bar move when someone speaks but the line isn't recorded at all - in the log you can see VRS doesn't even try to start recording.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks guys

• 1 month later...

I think I might have found an answer. Though I am using a different board I am getting the same problem. I fixed my problem by plugging the phone line into two of the ports on my card and setting one of the ports for the "Record Device" and the other port for the "Telephony Device for Caller ID". Try it out and see if it starts working. I fear that this software is unable to use the same port for both functions.

• 1 month later...

Disregard my last post. I switched over to a CallURL board and it does not have the same issues as the Dialogic D/4PCI board. I am able to record and detect caller-id on the same port.

I think your problem is that the signal coming in is very noisy. Maybe you can find a line filter for that problem.

I think I might have found an answer. Though I am using a different board I am getting the same problem. I fixed my problem by plugging the phone line into two of the ports on my card and setting one of the ports for the "Record Device" and the other port for the "Telephony Device for Caller ID". Try it out and see if it starts working. I fear that this software is unable to use the same port for both functions.

Disregard my last post. I switched over to a CallURL board and it does not have the same issues as the Dialogic D/4PCI board. I am able to record and detect caller-id on the same port.

I think your problem is that the signal coming in is very noisy. Maybe you can find a line filter for that problem.

Yes... excess of noise.

• 6 months later...