Export different to preview

Den23

Check your export resolution settings;  the suggested one isn't always optimal.

image.png

Share the project and someone will check it out.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for coming back so quickly. I have saved it to Google Drive, this is the link. There should be 2 file in the folder, one is the project that shows as I would like it & the other is an MP4 with seems to have zoomed in & misses out the edges of the project.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12EEkstVRADqjlPNcHw8DzSBrNKbazIFd?usp=drive_link

I hope that I have done this correctly

That's only the VPJ file.  Follow the instructions above step-by-step to upload the back-up folder.  It will contain the VPJ + all the source files.

And don't forget to make the link public.  Right-click the file, click SHARE and change it from "restricted."

We'll compare the preview - how you want it - with the export.

Open this link.

Download the folder to your PC by clicking the arrow at the top-right or the DOWNLOAD button.

UNzip the folder.  In Windows machines, right-click the folder and Extract All.  It should go to the same folder as the zip file.

Double-click the unzipped folder and you will see two files - your video and the VPJ.

Double-click the VPJ to load it into Videopad.

Export it at the default settings.

What do you get?

If it's not the same as what was seen in YouTube then you may have either changed the aspect ratio of the file or enabled an effect.

Click the FX button on the clip.  image.png There should be no effect programmed.

Hi, Thanks for taking all of this trouble.

When I exported the above file I still get the same result, the shark in the final piece is out of shot on the right. I will try to start over & make sure that I don't have any effects on it. Thanks again