Imported mobile photos are rasterized

Martin D

I am using Videopad 10.22. When I insert photos from my mobile to the video they become maximal pixelated to the point of unusability. I have tried to increase the dpi of the photo but this will not work. Photos from my SLR do not generate any issue.

I would be very grateful for any hint.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Version 10.22 is quite dated.  Try the current release.  While it won't be licensed, it will fully function during a short trial period.

What are your settings when exporting the mobile phone photos in Videopad?  Share a mobile phone image...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, right-click the link and Share.  Copy the result and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view.

Thanks for the fast response. Yes, this is an older version of videopad, I will check the actual pricelist for updating it to a newer version, especially if this would solve my issue. What do you mean with settings ? This mobile photos were transferred to my local PC and then I copy and pasted it directly into the video. I did the same with my SLR photos which are working without any issues.

I will send you a link to my sample photo by private mail.

Thanks again for helping,

Martin

Checked your file in both 10.21 and 13.77.  Looks just like the original when exported at the default settings.

Videopad was launched, then ADD FILE(s) was used to import the photo.

Original...  20231017_114217.jpg       10.21... image.png     13.77... image.png

Thanks for checking it. When I moved it in the image box on the upper left side and click it there it was displayed like the original without any image interference. Then I have inserted it in the track so that it is converted to a video. The picture in the video is completely rasterized then. I will send a sample to your inbox.

Thanks again

Thank you again for your friendly and competent help. The image remained rasterized in the video, but I created a completely new project and only inserted the image. Now it works perfectly as you described.

I think the other project file is broken. I will re-start the project and will check the quality in between to see what may have caused the problem.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

Share the project that looks rasterized, and someone will check it out.  Takes just minutes, is not difficult.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.