DD/Broadvoice Problems, please help!

praz993

hey guys,

i've been trying to get DD to work with broadvoice, and am having some strange troubles that i haven't seen posted on here.

i only have one line for now, so first i tried it straight with DD, and the line would register, incoming call would be seen, and then it says Answered Call, followed immediately by Call Disconnected..

i then get a "did not register error" and then the line will simply not register again.

i tried doing this all using Axon as well, and the same issue occurs. Call is seen, routed to DD, says Answered, then immediately drops, and then the line will fail to register with sip.broadvoice.com.

can anyone offer any advice? i would very much appreciate it.

what ports do i need open? i have tried 5060-5070, 8000, 10000-20000, 69

please guys! i am desperate. :(

here is the Axon log:

12:09:34 Attempting to register sip:xxxxxxxxxx@sip.broadvoice.com

12:09:34 Registered as: sip:xxxxxxxxxx@sip.broadvoice.com

12:09:50 Call sip:9xxxxxxxxxx@147.135.32.128;user=phone -> 101

12:09:58 Call sip:9xxxxxxxxxx@147.135.32.128;user=phone -> 101 disconnected

12:10:21 Restart telephony engine

12:10:21 Restarting web server

12:10:36 Server proxy.bos.broadvoice.com did not respond to register (sip:xxxxxxxxxx@sip.broadvoice.com)

12:10:36 Check server details for that line

12:16:18 Server proxy.bos.broadvoice.com did not respond to register (sip:xxxxxxxxxx@sip.broadvoice.com)

12:16:18 Check server details for that line

DD log:

12:09:34 Attempting to register sip:101@venom

12:09:34 SIP Private IP is: 192.168.1.115:5061

12:09:34 SIP Public IP is: 24.47.xxx.xx:5061

12:09:34 SIP Number: 101@24.47.xxx.xx:5061

12:09:41 Registered as: sip:101@venom

12:09:50 Answering call...

12:09:50 Incoming SIP call

12:09:58 Call has disconnected

i can post the SIP traces if someone tells me which parts would be helpful as they are really long..

Hi,

I thought you had to install Express Talk to make it all work together. Also, I called Broadvoice about the settings and they said outgoing proxy server would be with a - not a . like proxy-bos.broadvoice.com

Regarding advanced settings, did you change outbound in both DD and Axon ??

Please let me know how you make out because I have been trying to get this to work for 2 weeks even with paid support.... I am still getting does not respond to register (sip:102@localhost).

The DD seems to work intermittently when I make the settings directly to broadvoice, but I want to install more lines and won't until this works.

Please keep me posted. I have invested too much time and money to pay someone else to manage my dictation.... but I am about to go that route.

Hi BroadVoice person,

I got it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling Axon. I used proxy.mia.broadvoice.com in my outbound server in axon only, not DD.... I think mia is the local that I used on my cisco. I also have Express Talk installed but with a 15 second delay in my dialing group.

My local SIP ports are different in express talk, dialdictate and axon. I did the Set up Wizard and got 5070 on Dial dictate and proceeded from there.

I currently have everything running on one machine, so that was simple enough. The only thing that has me worried now is my "NAT or router is symmetrical??" Unless I setup my NAT manually, networking will be slow. And I don't have a clue what that means... Heck, I am just a transcriptionist trying have a phone system that I can control for a tiny business for the least amt of $$.....

Maybe if I take the Cisco down and connect directly to my computer, I might figure this out.

If this works for a week, I need to install some more lines...... Doctors don't like to wait.....Let me know if this helps....... Also when I reinstalled the Axon, I set up the extensions first, then the external line.....then groups, and then conf. DD and Express Talk.

Talk to you soon.

I will keep you posted as well.

• 2 months later...