Call routing by CID

dev

Im evaluating the IVM software for my company and spent several hours trying to accomplish the following:

Client calls the IVM server

Server obtains caller ID of client

Client is forwarded to a specific mailbox based on the CID

I havent been able to find a way to add multiple CIDs using the OGMs. An example is below for clarification:

Call comes in from 555-555-5555 and is automatically routed to mailbox1 without having to enter any prompts

Call comes in from 555-555-1234 and is sent to mailbox2

etc.

Ideally if I could have a list of phone numbers the IVM reads with the appropriate mailbox listed next to it that would be best.

555-555-5555:mailbox1

555-555-1234:mailbox2

555-123-5555:mailbox3

If there's a way to accomplish the above we will be purchasing the software.

Thanks, Eric

Guest nchto

You can achieve this by making a chain of OGMs, with each one checking a specific CID. Your call will be answered by OGM 1, which will check the CID against one number, if it doesn't match that number it will skip to the next OGM 2. Hence, if it does match that number it will continue with the OGM and go to it's respective mailbox... I hope this makes sense, maybe this pseudocode might help:

get CID

if not X then skip to next OGM

else go to X's mailbox

end

It is also possible to develop a plugin that will take the argument of the caller's ID and then return the OGM linked to that users mailbox (or possibly send direct to the mailbox if that is possible from a plugin?). Depending on how the plugin is programmed, you could set it up so it just reads from a file describing the CIDs and corresponding Mailboxes like you suggested in your first post.

The above way (nchto's suggestion) works fine, it just requires Several OGMs that check one by one if the CID is one number, and depending on the outcome will either let the user leave a message or go to the next OGM to check if the CID corresponds to the next mailbox. So if you have 25 mailboxes, it starts becoming fairly inefficient, if for example person 25 tries to access their mailbox, the person will have to be forwarded through at least 25 OGMs checking the caller id before they can get access.

It is also possible to develop a plugin that will take the argument of the caller's ID and then return the OGM linked to that users mailbox

Seems as if the delay could get ugly if one built a few dozen or a few hundred of these OGM's and looped thru them.

As a newbie lurking around - I wonder if the IVM supports sending a shell statement and can accept a return text value?

As a newbie lurking around - I wonder if the IVM supports sending a shell statement and can accept a return text value?
Yes it does, please see the Software/Plugin Development Kit page for IVM here:

http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/sdk.html

I will eventually have a large amount of mailboxes for certain CIDs. (actually it looks like we will be going with DID now but it amounts to the same thing). I was hoping I wouldn't have to develop any additional software and could use the IVM 'out of the box' but it looks like in the long run if it could read a text file it will save on delays. Thanks for the link...looks like I have more work to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dev,

I have reviewed your application need and I can definitely help you with that.

We are IVM & Axon application developers.

If you wish that I send you a quote for your required application, please email me at: NCH@RgcGlobalTechnologies.com

You can also try to figure it out by yourself. But if you do, do not forget to calculate how many hours you will spend, times(X) how much you cost per hour.

We are fast and not very expensive, so do not worry about that.

Yours truly,

Rene Germain, MCSE

RGC Global Technologies Inc.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

RG@RgcGlobalTechnologies.com