Adding a strikeout shape over text

Flippie

I have created text to scroll at the beginning of a video. I wish to intentionally "cross out" one of the words but still have it in the text. I cannot find a 'shapes' option in Videopad that will allow me to do this. Creating the word in Microsoft Word and crossing it out whether by using the "cross out" icon or drawing a line shape through the word will copy and paste only the word into the text clip in Videopad. The word is copied but not the line drawn through the word. Can someone help please?

One convoluted approach...

1.  In Word compose the text with strikeout - white on black background is best, perhaps a BOLD font

2.  Copy just the text using Windows snipping tool

image.png

3.  In Videopad add the snipped clip - from the PC's Pictures folder - to the overlay track and key out black with the Chromakey (green screen) effect (Settings shown below are a suggestion)

4.  Add the Motion effect and program a scroll with vertical set to 100 at the beginning and -100 at the end

image.png

Other effects can be added, as with any other clip.  Try Color Correction or Sharpen, to make the text stand out.

Just realized that there's no need for the interim graphics program step.  See above.

After snipping the text, open VP and ADD FILE.  It's already saved in the Pictures/Screenshots folder.

To key out the black background with the Chromakey effect just position the pointer over the black area in the preview screen.

It becomes a color picker.  Left-click, and the black will vanish.  Slight adjustments to the intensity slider can be tested.

• borate changed the title to Adding a strikeout shape over text

Glad it worked out.  You might also experiment with adding the snipped image to the text box and setting the scroll there...   image.png

Then apply the ChromaKey, Color Correction and, perhaps, Position effects as desired.  No need for the Motion effect with this method.  Many options.