Remove all fades (fade in or fade out, not just transition fade) on clips?

nzot

I have a project with various nonadjacent clips used as overlays. Some were given a fade in and out, others were not, and I wanted to make them all match to have no fade after reviewing how it looked. But I don't see any option to remove all at once. I can click one fade and get that one gone, but do I really have to do that for every single fade in and fade out? I do see a way to remove transitions, which takes care of the fades where two clips touch each other, but it has no effect on the fade in or fade out where there is no adjacent clip.

Use the TRANSPARENCY effect to apply the FADE INS.

Later, if you want to remove them, select all overlays by clicking on the first, then hold down <shift> and click the last.  Or select individually, using <ctrl>.

Click the FX on one of the selected clips, set opacity to 100%, start to finish, then click the Replace Effect Chain button on the toolbar. 

Clipboard01.jpg

The change will affect all selected clips.

To clear FADE OUTS select the clips, click an image.png icon and then choose Apply to All Clips.  Click the NO TRANSITION item.

The fade ins already exist and were applied simply by clicking the Fade in icon at the upper left of the clips. If I click on the FX icon, I don't see any Transparency effect applied, just a scale effect that I put there and that should remain. I don't see how applying a Transparency effect is going to help when I already have a fade in or fade out that wasn't created using that effect, and I'm trying to remove it.

I tried using the Transitions > No transition > apply to all selected clips options but it did not work except where two clips were touching each other and I presume effectively crossfading. I do not want to apply removing all these fades to ALL clips in the sequence because there are other clips that should have fades.

So as far as I can tell, except where two clips are touching each other, there is no way to accomplish this but to click one fade corner at a time and remove it manually.

For FADE INS it would be necessary to create the fades with the transparency effect, not the image.png.  Then they can be removed in bulk via the above method.

The Replace Effect Chain button acts upon selected clips only, so don't select clips that shouldn't be changed.

It looks as if you're stuck with removing your fade ins individually.

For FADE OUTS, created with the image.png, try the above suggestion.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Seems the method you suggested worked for the fade outs after all--at first I tried to choose the transition type before the "all selected clips" part and it closed the window before I could choose the "all selected clips" option, so I had to go back in and try again in the order you wrote. It's weird that you can't achieve the same thing with fade ins, though.