Join/Merge Clips that I Split

mbaker

How can I join or merge two clips back into one?  

I had a little section of a clip I needed to cut out.  I split before and after the section and removed it.  But, now my result is two short clips that I want to combine back into one clip.  The reason I want to do this is because I'm trying to add a transition to the previous clip before these two, but it won't work properly because my first split clip is too short to allow for a proper fade to be applied.

Thank you!

If a right-click at the split point doesn't offer an UNsplit clip choice, try this...

Copy the edited Sequence 1 clips by selecting them both and pressing <crtl-C>.  Now delete those two clips.

Open a new, blank Sequence 2 by clicking the + sign on the sequence tab.  Use <ctrl-V> to paste the clips that were copied.

Switch back to Sequence 1 on the timeline and position the cursor at the head of the deleted clips.

Above the bin (top-left) click the Sequences tab.  Right-click on Sequence 2 and Place On Sequence at Cursor.

image.png

Now it's a single clip.

Alternatively, try programming a TRANSPARENCY effect on the clip to be faded... image.png

If you make a mistake, repeatedly press <ctrl-Z> to to back, step-by-step.