IVM Fax

pat68

Hi

I'm testing this software right now and I'm pretty impressed working well. I have a setup with 6 mailboxes, tested all working fine with my Aopen Voice/Fax modem.

Only problem I have is the software doesnt recognize when a fax comes in on the same line. As sophisticated this software is, am I right it doesnt offer fax support???

Any help would be appreciated, all the software has to do is when it hears the fax beep to receive the fax... can't be that hard. Other simple shareware softwares can handle this.

Appreciate your help, didnt find anything about it on the website nor the forum.

Pat

IVM isn't exactly intended for receiving faxes etc. However I do agree that fax support would make a nice addition to the software.

Right now IVM has a "Fax tapi handoff" mode, which simply means IVM won't answer a call if it is a fax and will allow for other Faxing software to intercept the call and receive the fax. I've never tested this, and that is only an assumption.

Guest nchto
Right now IVM has a "Fax tapi handoff" mode, which simply means IVM won't answer a call if it is a fax and will allow for other Faxing software to intercept the call and receive the fax.

The problem is now finding software that will accept this handoff!

The problem is now finding software that will accept this handoff!

Thank you very much for the fast reply (phytonpoole), thats what I thought.

I purchased yesterday the IVM software since I really like it. It works well so far using it for one day.

Yes it is a problem to find a fax software that works with it. I think that would be a nice addition to IVM to just switch to fax when a fax comes in with the beep. Shouldnt be that hard to do.

What I did is I added a 7th Mailbox that just tells my customers the new fax number and I went to http://www.faxdigits.com/FaxDigits-Features.html registered for free unlimeted incoming faxes, got a new phone number and now I receive them simple, fast and easy in my inbox as pdf... Gets rid of the paper and dealing with new cartridges.

The modem can send out anything as a fax from the computer anyway and if I have other paper to fax, I use a regular fax to send out.

• 1 month later...