Sound quality reduced when file saved

tonitiger

Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I have been using Wavepad successfully for over a year and have not had any problems until this morning. I made a recording and saved it to file but when I opened it to burn it onto a CD, the sound was quite muffled and not clear as it was when played on Wavepad. I did a second recording in case I had made some sort of an error but the same thing happened. I can't understand this as I have never had such a problem before. Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone advise me on how to resolve this problem? Thanks, Toni.

Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I have been using Wavepad successfully for over a year and have not had any problems until this morning. I made a recording and saved it to file but when I opened it to burn it onto a CD, the sound was quite muffled and not clear as it was when played on Wavepad. I did a second recording in case I had made some sort of an error but the same thing happened. I can't understand this as I have never had such a problem before. Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone advise me on how to resolve this problem? Thanks, Toni.

Hi Toni, I have had WavePad for less than two weeks and I think it's great. However within the last couple of days I've experienced a problem that seems identical to the one you describe. Until then I'd been working with an old instrumental stereo lp. Now, however, I'm trying to record a vocal track from old mono lp. The playback is normal until I save the file. The saved recording is garbled. It sounds like parts of the sound are clipped off. I don't know what's going on yet but when I do I'll write back. Jack M.

Hi Toni, I have had WavePad for less than two weeks and I think it's great. However within the last couple of days I've experienced a problem that seems identical to the one you describe. Until then I'd been working with an old instrumental stereo lp. Now, however, I'm trying to record a vocal track from old mono lp. The playback is normal until I save the file. The saved recording is garbled. It sounds like parts of the sound are clipped off. I don't know what's going on yet but when I do I'll write back. Jack M.

Thanks Jack, I have just downloaded Wavepad onto anothercomputer and using the same microphone recorded and saved a demo which played back perfectly.

I then uninstalled the version of Wavepad on my laptop and reinstalled, it but I still have the same problem and it is sooo frustrating as I need to use it for my work! I hope to hear from you again soon, or anyone else who can help. Toni.

Thanks Jack, I have just downloaded Wavepad onto anothercomputer and using the same microphone recorded and saved a demo which played back perfectly.

I then uninstalled the version of Wavepad on my laptop and reinstalled, it but I still have the same problem and it is sooo frustrating as I need to use it for my work! I hope to hear from you again soon, or anyone else who can help. Toni.

Hi Toni, I seem to have overcome my problem with garbled sound after a save. As soon as I finished recording the lp vocal track I went to effects and clicked on NORMALIZE. When I saved and retrieved the "normalized" track, it played without the unwanted distortion. The original lp is very old, has been played a lot and the sound level is weak. Normalization increases the recorded volume. This may be why it worked for me. Since you said that you are recording from a microphone your situation may be different from mine. Like I said, I've only had Wavepad for less than 2 weeks. if I uncover any other clue that might help I'll post it. Good luck and let me know if this works. Jack

Hi Toni, I seem to have overcome my problem with garbled sound after a save. As soon as I finished recording the lp vocal track I went to effects and clicked on NORMALIZE. When I saved and retrieved the "normalized" track, it played without the unwanted distortion. The original lp is very old, has been played a lot and the sound level is weak. Normalization increases the recorded volume. This may be why it worked for me. Since you said that you are recording from a microphone your situation may be different from mine. Like I said, I've only had Wavepad for less than 2 weeks. if I uncover any other clue that might help I'll post it. Good luck and let me know if this works. Jack

Hi Jack, Glad to hear you have resolved your problem. I 'normalised' my recordings too, both of my own voice, and of a music file I had previously downloaded and then edited today, but it didn't make any difference. I have since tried again with demo recordings but the sound quality is now much worse. It is now muffled and crackly. I just can't understand why! Toni.

Hi Jack, Glad to hear you have resolved your problem. I 'normalised' my recordings too, both of my own voice, and of a music file I had previously downloaded and then edited today, but it didn't make any difference. I have since tried again with demo recordings but the sound quality is now much worse. It is now muffled and crackly. I just can't understand why! Toni.

Hi Toni, I seems that the problem you are experiencing is related to the laptop you are using. I haven't a clue as to what's going on. Perhaps some of the other gurus listening in can help. Did I mention that I applied the NORMALIZE effect immediately after recording and before saving? If you NORMALIZED that previously downloaded music file you mentioned it would have been too late. Just a thought. Good luck and god bless. Jack M

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I do not think this problem is any one computer, I have been using wavepad for a year and now all of a sudden when I save files they sound muffled, its very frustrating cuz i need edited music for my work in a few weeks and all my dubbed songs sound like trash now, I have tried normalizing it and it doesnt help, if anyone figuresd this out please post....I am getting no help from Wavepad and need to fix this, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have only used Wavepad for a month - wouldn't you know it, I purchased it yesterday and poof, the replay of great wavs is awful. I tried everything I could and finally, I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it again - now my wavs are playing okay again. I hope I don't have to do that often. Anyway, if you try uninstalling the software, make sure your files are in a safe place. Good luck. Pinxter ;)