HELP files uploaded (VideoPad export issue on MAC and Windows.)

OurRoadLessTraveled

When I export via windows the video plays fine up to the 5 minute mark, then it goes black and no sound. I loaded the project on to a Mac and it fails to process the audio from one of the clips and will not let me export. 31 1 is the file. I have opened the offending mp4 file on the windows pc and mac, video and sound are there. Video and sound are there when playing back in Video pad as well on the windows machine. Mac says its still processing audio, so I have not gotten it to play in video pad on the mac. I have saved the project as a portable file here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvbvewttzpqra6u/AACqFfzY2RzDbeZegdTnyhLoa?dl=0

Video Pad version 13.67

Edited by OurRoadLessTraveled
added version

After splitting the video into 3 parts. part 1 before the issue clip, part 2 being the offending video clip, and part 3 being after the issue clip. I isolated the problem section and it exported fine. Now trying to recombine all three parts to see if it will make one video. Even though part 2 exported properly and plays in media player, adding all 3 parts in Video pad to make one video fails. Parts 1 and 3 play but part 2 is blank.

I am at a loss.

Im using the latest release and the x64 version. I found the issue. Its a weird one and took forever to find. at the 5 minute mark I had a fade transition to another clip, at the same time the next clip did not snap inline with the previous clip. I think somehow this caused the blank screen fade to extend across all the clips. I found it by removing all the transitions and then moving the clip that starts at the 5 minutes mark up to the second video line. That is where I saw the overlap. I trimmed the clip and exported. It worked fine and plays. It would be nice if there was a button to remove any overlaps or gaps per video line.

The problem is caused by a .001 gap.  Go to Storyboard mode to see it.  Right-click | DELETE.  (The image.png icons, which never appear between adjacent clips, should have clued me in.)  Various transitions will result in a dip or crossfade between the two clips.

If you truly want the FROM clip to fade, and the TO clip to pop on, program a Transparency effect on the FROM clip.

image.png

Or, prior to programming the fade, expand the timeline almost fully with the slider at the bottom-right.  Drag the TO clips to the right just slightlyNow program the FROM clip fade.

image.png

Glad it worked out.

My problem was I could not see it. Somehow, I put a clip that was too long between two clips and it did not auto adjust. I'm sure it's a one off issue. Love using the program it has allowed me to take some of the work off of my wife.

I will store that for future knowledge if it happens again. Thank you for verifying it for me.