Beams

Bernard Akers

Hi, your note caught my eye.  I was just logging on to find other people with the very same issue.  Yes, I followed the tutorial.  In fact, I followed the tutorial for "Adding or Removing Beams" about 8 times.  However it works fine, but the directions in their "Beams Tutorial" step by step do not work.  How many minutes are a reasonable about of time to put into trying to figure out just one single feature?  Mine does not work the way the video says it should/does.

Mr. Bernard:

Ah, if you watch the video over 8 times (lol), it wasn't done by a teacher, watch how fast the speaker whips through what kind of notes you can do it with.  He ninjas over with his pointer, clicks on the note size like Bruce Lee, you have to watch him like a cat because he does it so fast you might not see it, then says "Short Notes," then flashes back over to use the tool.  

On 9/14/2023 at 6:40 AM, TimYA said:

Mr. Bernard:

Ah, if you watch the video over 8 times (lol), it wasn't done by a teacher, watch how fast the speaker whips through what kind of notes you can do it with.  He ninjas over with his pointer, clicks on the note size like Bruce Lee, you have to watch him like a cat because he does it so fast you might not see it, then says "Short Notes," then flashes back over to use the tool.  

@TimYA In this case, please send us a support ticket here so we can better assist you on this. Hopefully, a Crescendo or similar program expert could chime into this thread but for now, please send us a message.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having trouble adding/editing beams. I have a dotted 1/8 note, followed by 1/16 note, followed by 1/8. I want them all tied together but can only get the first 2 notes or the last 2 notes tied together. What am I doing wrong? The YouTube video is worthless.

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble with beams. I am trying to beam 2lots of 2 notes with auto beam on. When I get to the third note it beams back to the second and the fourth note will not beam at all so I end up with groups of three notes. Also I don't seem able to highlight more than one  note to apply a beam