Punch n Roll

Fletch19

Greetings Everyone ! 

I have just begun using WavePad and my question is. I came across a question in 2020 where the WavePad user was asking about using the Punch N Roll method for editing a vocal track. The response then was that Punch N Roll was unavailable at the time.  Has WavePad been updated to accommodate this method of editing ?

Hi,

To access the Punch and Roll function, simply follow these steps: Options > Record > Punch and Roll Settings. 

To start punch and roll recording, select a region in the audio file and click "Punch" from the Recording Tab. The audio will start playing 3 seconds before the selected region and start recording. After the duration of the selected region, it will also play 3 seconds after the recording. The playback time can be configured in "Record Options" -> "Punch and Roll Settings".

There are different record modes in Punch and Roll Recording (See Punch and Roll Settings). The "Auto" mode chooses between "Fixed" and "Flexible" smartly based on the type of audio we are recording over. The "Fixed" mode automatically stops based on the duration of the selected region. "Fixed" mode is recommended for music audio types. The "Flexible" mode continues recording from the selected region and stops until user decides to. "Flexible" mode is recommended for voice audio types like podcasts, etc.