SIP number

csc

I downloaded the InPhonex Express Talk software and set up the virtual phone. It asked me in the Setup for my seven digit virtual number, and I entered the one which I remembered from the InPhonex web page where I signed up for the service. It asked me for a server, and I did not enter one, leaving it with the default server of: sip.inphonex.com. I entered my password. I signed up to get a sip number, which took me to a page to get a $9.95 pay-as-you-go account, which I did. I ran the phone software and the dailpad appears and tries to register, but in the dialog box below the dialpad, in red letters, it states that: "Server sip.inphonex.com did not respond to register (sip:6657700@sip.inphonex.com). Click server details for that line." Well, I do not know how to click "server details for that line". What should I do to get my service registered and my phone activated?

By the way, the information on the InPhonex website is not easy to follow for someone who is not a telephony technical wizard.

Would appreciate a technician's guidance who can assist me.

regards,

csc

I downloaded the InPhonex Express Talk software and set up the virtual phone. It asked me in the Setup for my seven digit virtual number, and I entered the one which I remembered from the InPhonex web page where I signed up for the service. It asked me for a server, and I did not enter one, leaving it with the default server of: sip.inphonex.com. I entered my password. I signed up to get a sip number, which took me to a page to get a $9.95 pay-as-you-go account, which I did. I ran the phone software and the dailpad appears and tries to register, but in the dialog box below the dialpad, in red letters, it states that: "Server sip.inphonex.com did not respond to register (sip:6657700@sip.inphonex.com). Click server details for that line." Well, I do not know how to click "server details for that line". What should I do to get my service registered and my phone activated?

By the way, the information on the InPhonex website is not easy to follow for someone who is not a telephony technical wizard.

Would appreciate a technician's guidance who can assist me.

regards,

csc

Hi

I have express talk installed and have registered with Draytel.org as my sip.

I think if you have express talk installed click on settings, then click on lines, here from the top, Friendly Name harry or whatever name you choose,next down is sip No 6657700, Server is next inphonex.com.

Then I went into the Network page along side and at the bottom of the page clicked on the " Run network setup wizard " botton and it set itself up automatically.

My user no is 865585@draytel.org perhaps if you get it working you could give me a call as I have been looking for contacts with messages on the forum in several places but no response I am thinking of uninstalling the Express talk as there is no one to talk to, I am in England.

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for your reply. I went to Settings and then Lines and put in the friendly name, my virtual number (which is 6357700, not 6657700 as I mistakenly indicated before), and the Server is "sip.inphonex.com" and then I put in my password (which I presume is the same which I set up for my inphonex pay-as-you-go account), and then I went to the Network page and ran the "Network Setup Wizard" and clicked okay, again and again, until it no longer asked me, and then I tried making phone calls, but still I get the same red colored message: "Error call attempt timed-out." "The server is not replying."

Have I done something wrong?

regards,

csc

Hi

I have express talk installed and have registered with Draytel.org as my sip.

I think if you have express talk installed click on settings, then click on lines, here from the top, Friendly Name harry or whatever name you choose,next down is sip No 6657700, Server is next inphonex.com.

Then I went into the Network page along side and at the bottom of the page clicked on the " Run network setup wizard " botton and it set itself up automatically.

My user no is 865585@draytel.org perhaps if you get it working you could give me a call as I have been looking for contacts with messages on the forum in several places but no response I am thinking of uninstalling the Express talk as there is no one to talk to, I am in England.

Terry