Change dial to Aussie

jockgabb

Edit: sorry, I thought you were asking about the dial plan not dial tone

As far as I know express talk doesn't have a "dial plan", its just a case of you inputting the number and Express Talk dialing it. There shouldn't be any problem with just dialing the number as normal as your VoIP provider says it should be dialed. If you want to setup advanced dialing plans, like do this if the number starts with 04, and do this if it starts with 03 and so on, then install Axon on the computer you're using express talk on and then register express talk with an extension on Axon with the chosen dialing plan.

Is it possible to change the dial tone from US to Australian?

I see you are a newbee so am I but perhaps you can tell me how I can get to contact other Express talk users I am in Kent England and it would be good to contact people in other parts of the world being as it is FREE, also I would like to see if my sip works, it seems pointless have this software and not being able to use it, is there a place where you can find other people using the same system/program.

Look forward to your comments. Terry

I see you are a newbee so am I but perhaps you can tell me how I can get to contact other Express talk users I am in Kent England and it would be good to contact people in other parts of the world being as it is FREE, also I would like to see if my sip works, it seems pointless have this software and not being able to use it, is there a place where you can find other people using the same system/program.

Look forward to your comments. Terry

Sorry Terry, just got started myself and havent really looked into that, didnt know you could do that, having a little trouble myself as I have entered 2 VSP and it keeps going to No 1 everytime even after I press No 2 and I didnt put in a default VSp, by the way I came from Ayr many years ago. If you get what you are looking for would be pleased to hear, I use Skype mostly for free calling and VoipDiscount for some paid calls.

I'm really sorry, I completly misread your question above and thought you were asking about changing the dial plan, not the dialtone.

To change the dialtone,

In express talk, click "settings" and move to the "other" tab

Under ring tones, select "dialtone" and then click the "change" button

Select your own personal audio file

Press ok, and now your dialtone should change.

@Terry, usually you would setup your Express talk phone with a VoIP service (there are also free ones), most VoIP services provide free in service calls, so basically anyone with the same service as you is free to call.

Here is a good one to try out and get started with:

http://www.faktortel.com.au

You can signup with a free account, and use express talk to register with the account and make calls through the Faktortel service. With the free account you can call anyone with another Faktortel free account. You are also able to call 1-800 numbers in Australia free of charge with the free account, even if you are not in Australia. You can also upgrade to a paid plan, and for only $7.50 a month or something you can get your own Australian phone number, 10c untimed outgoing calls to any number in Australia, very cheap rates to around the world and a lot more.

I'm really sorry, I completly misread your question above and thought you were asking about changing the dial plan, not the dialtone.

To change the dialtone,

Thanks for that info, can see it no trouble, though can you point me where I could dowload the Aus dial tone or is it somewhere on the computer.

Jock

To change the dialtone,

@Terry, usually you would setup your Express talk phone with a VoIP service (there are also free ones), most VoIP services provide free in service calls, so basically anyone with the same service as you is free to call.

Here is a good one to try out and get started with:

http://www.faktortel.com.au

You can signup with a free account, and use express talk to register with the account and make calls through the Faktortel service. With the free account you can call anyone with another Faktortel free account. You are also able to call 1-800 numbers in Australia free of charge with the free account, even if you are not in Australia. You can also upgrade to a paid plan, and for only $7.50 a month or something you can get your own Australian phone number, 10c untimed outgoing calls to any number in Australia, very cheap rates to around the world and a lot more.

Hi

Thanks for your reply I already have an sip account with Draytel.org and my address is " 865585@draytel.org " this is the registered address they have given me.

Now I assume that if someone types that address into their Express talk in the top address slot and calls me it should connect and ring at my end and this would be a free call.

Apparently anyone can call me and vice-versa with any sip address.

I know also that Draytel do cheap calls from where I am England to Australia for 1p per minute paid up front i.e. £10 or £20 credit, but it is nicer for free !!!!

Look forward to your reply.

Terry