Exported video is missing content at bottom of screen

The Bomoh

I have 1920 *1080 clips that show perfectly in the preview but when I export the video in the same aspect ratio about 7% of the content at the bottom of the screen is missing. I have tried multiple output settings. Is this a problem with letterbox??

What VP version?  Look at the bottom-left corner of the window.

There are numerous settings that can affect this.  To track it down let's take a look at a clip or two..

Upload the file to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Tested in both 13.28 and 13.57, the export is identical to the source...

Source... image.png             Export...  image.png

Check this out for video updates.

Loads normally here, in both the 32- and 64-bit 13.57 versions...  image.png  What are the PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM?

To eliminate possible VP file corruption, close the program.  Use Windows Explorer (the file manager) to delete all files in these two folders.

Reboot.  Then reinstall Videopad.

"C:\Users\<PC name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"

Thankyou. I have deleted the files as above, rebooted and done a complete reinstall of the latest 13.57 software and registered it with the given code.

Unfortunately it will not load MTS files despite it loading mp4, avi and jpeg. 

My computer specs are detailed here      spec .JPG      I had no problem loading MTS files when I was using 13.28.

Odd.  This PC has similar specs and a half-dozen MTS files load normally.

Install the 64-bit 13.57 release.

Copy the file to another folder.  Will it load from there?

Any change when you select None (CPU only) under OPTIONS | ADVANCED and then restart Videopad?  image.png

Try a thorough UNinstall, using this free tool.  When it prompts to scan registry files, select all and delete them.  Reinstall and register VP.

Do you have another machine to test?

If these measures fail it may be necessary to revert to 13.48.or try 13.50, which is very recent.  Ignore any virus warning.

Please check back with your result.  This will be reported.

Nothing has fixed the problem.

I have tried all of your solutions to no avail.

I was already a user of Revo Uninstaller and used it as you suggested.

I tried 13.50 and this has the self same "failed to load" error.

Prior to the upgrade to 13.57 I had been able to load MTS files without issue but the 13.57 upgrade seems to have stopped the ability to load MTS files no matter what version of videopad I use!  (is there a registry key that Revo didn't remove possibly causing this?)

In all reinstall cases I have cleared out the "Components" folder, used Revo to its fullest and rebooted.

I can load jpeg, mp4 and avi but unfortunately I just came back from Japan with more than 1100 MTS files which I will need to load. 

I also tried downloading the MTS files directly from the camera into Video pad with the same failed to load issue.

Thanks for your continued help.

-0-0-

I have installed 13.57 on my other (inferior) machine and it WILL load the same MTS files without problem.

So something has changed on my original machine after the 13.57 upgrade on top of the 13.28.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, The Bomoh said:

Any suggestions?

Not really.

If the PC's BIOS will let you switch to on-board video, in lieu of the GTS card, try that.  Or an alternate choice may be available in VP OPTIONS | ADVANCED | GPU.

You might use a Windows restore point to resort to a time when it worked, but that's a pain with no guarantee of success.

The issue is being looked into by others.  Any findings will be posted here.

Hello again, over the weekend I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and Videopad now works perfectly.

Out of interest I have run the file as admin and have checked the list of files on the above path and it is nothing like the list above!

It looks like this.............BUT the program is running fine now.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AoqS4nyxhAuQkBXVNTHak5VsLwei?e=AP9GGt

Yes  I had looked in that one too and only a folder   x264enc7x64 is there.

Out of interest I tried to find a couple of the files you had earlier noted.

I tried to find "deshaker" and "libwebp" but could not find them.  Are they install on demand by any chance?

As I said VP works OK and I'm actually using it right now. 😁