My pc echoes

fbjacobo

I hope someone can help me. Since installing Express Scribe I have been experiencing an annoying echo in the audio when I use it (with my foot pedal). The program seems to work fine except for this phenomenon but it makes distinguishing what is being said quite difficult! It sounds like the speaker is on the other side of a large locker room. My PC is an EMachines running XP.

Fred

Go into your sound card settings, these settings can be accessed from your system tray or control panel, make sure no enviromental sounds have been enabled

I hope someone can help me. Since installing Express Scribe I have been experiencing an annoying echo in the audio when I use it (with my foot pedal). The program seems to work fine except for this phenomenon but it makes distinguishing what is being said quite difficult! It sounds like the speaker is on the other side of a large locker room. My PC is an EMachines running XP.

Fred

Go into your sound card settings, these settings can be accessed from your system tray or control panel, make sure no enviromental sounds have been enabled

Hi. I have no idea how to get to my sound card. I did a search and it turned up nothing about where it is or how to get to it. It jsut said that it exists. There is no setting for "environmental sounds" in my sound settings, which I accessed through control panel. Where do I go to get to my sound card settings? I the help section, it has information pertaining only to Win 2000, not to XP.