Exporting to DVD with features enabled

Bassist

I love VideoPad. It has the power to create great videos. You can create projects with multiple subtitle tracks and multiple audio tracks, but....

I have yet to be able to figure out how to create a video DVD where those features are enabled and work such that the DVD player can turn them off or on and select from the multiple tracks created. The Subtitle and Audio buttons of the players I've tried don't do anything.

Is it possible to Export the project with that functionality? And if so, how?

Thanks for the response borate, but... no joy.

I've been messing with this all afternoon, both with VideoPad and Express Burn. Apparently what I would like to be able to do is not possible.

If Subtitles are set to Show, then they are integrated into the exported video and display on playback, but you can't turn them off. The reverse is true. When not set to Show, they don't appear and can't be turned on. This is true not only with a DVD export but also with a video file using Windows Media Player for playback. Both VideoPad and Express Burn don't export that functionality.

Now the interesting thing. Save the subtitle text file as .srt (not .ssa), and name the file exactly the same as your video. Include it in the same folder as an exported copy of the video where subtitles were set to not Show on export. Open the video with Microsoft Media Player and... you can turn the subtitles on and off.

Doesn't help me given I want to produce a professional style DVD.

HUGE disappointment. Why have the tools to create a professional style video and then not be able to package it?

Similar to your "interesting thing" comment, but with a DVD Movie file (not a video file), create the captions, export them as an SRT file, then choose No Show and burn the disc.

Open the DVD's VOB file in the free MPC-BE, right-click on the screen and choose SUBTITLES.  Click the Load Ext Subtitles menu and import the SRT.

Now the captions can be toggled on or off while playing the DVD...   image.png

File a suggestion that switchable CC be made possible in DVD Movie file production.