WavePad and Vista

french12m

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently running Wavepad on Vista with only 1 problem.

The help file that comes with wavepad is in the old windows help format which Vista does not support natively. I believe there is a fix for this available from Microsoft, but I cant say for sure.

• 3 months later...
Does WavePad work with Vista? Also, can WavePad work with a Mac?

When I installed Vista back in April, I started having trouble with WavePad. I would open a wav file, do some editing and save as mp3. For certain files, it would not save. (It's been too long, and I can no longer remember exactly what happened.) Other wav files worked OK, but if a given file failed, it would fail every time. It would still work for all files under XP, but I need to move my last computer to Vista, so that didn't help.

I sent an e-mail and I believe I posted, but nobody responded. I was still evaluating WavePad, so I decided not to buy it.

I still need a program like WavePad, so today I'm checking back to see if the problem is solved. I have version 3.05, but I can't find what version is current, so I don't know if the problem is fixed.

I would do lots of testing before purchasing WavePad for use with Vista.

I also had the help problem mentioned above, but that is pretty minor. (Still, it's disappointing that they don't address it.)

I've just switched to Vista too. I'm trying to save some streaming files with Windows Media Player 11 (in wpl format) but I can't convert it with WavePad. Wonder if you know any way around it?

Thanks!

When I installed Vista back in April, I started having trouble with WavePad. I would open a wav file, do some editing and save as mp3. For certain files, it would not save. (It's been too long, and I can no longer remember exactly what happened.) Other wav files worked OK, but if a given file failed, it would fail every time. It would still work for all files under XP, but I need to move my last computer to Vista, so that didn't help.

I sent an e-mail and I believe I posted, but nobody responded. I was still evaluating WavePad, so I decided not to buy it.

I still need a program like WavePad, so today I'm checking back to see if the problem is solved. I have version 3.05, but I can't find what version is current, so I don't know if the problem is fixed.

I would do lots of testing before purchasing WavePad for use with Vista.

I also had the help problem mentioned above, but that is pretty minor. (Still, it's disappointing that they don't address it.)

• 3 months later...

I can only add the following: I am considering buying a new PC, wondering if Vista will work with Wavepad 3.05, registered version. The site says it does, except I can't find the version that is being referred to. Fortunately I read above that it "generally works" except for some (hopefully) minor bugs.

I'll just have to take the risk...

To me wavepad means a lot, it is one of the main things I use my PC for. Great program! To my opinion lack of info shouldn't be the bottleneck!

If any WavePad employee is reading this: please add some extra info to your site, so all the other happy users can fearlessly upgrade to Vista or sensibly wait.

I can only add the following: I am considering buying a new PC, wondering if Vista will work with Wavepad 3.05, registered version. The site says it does, except I can't find the version that is being referred to. Fortunately I read above that it "generally works" except for some (hopefully) minor bugs.

To me wavepad means a lot, it is one of the main things I use my PC for. Great program! To my opinion lack of info shouldn't be the bottleneck!

If any WavePad employee is reading this: please add some extra info to your site, so all the other happy users can fearlessly upgrade to Vista or sensibly wait.

=========================

I would caution that what may be considered "minor" by some (such as WavePad program developers, who appear to be locked in mortal combat with The Monster!) might well be considered _major_ by some users :-)

Musikone

• 4 weeks later...

If you have the choice, DO NOT "upgrade" to VISTA... it is junk! Almost none of my extensive collection of recording, editing and midi software works with VISTA... I used CoolEdit 96 for years with no problems until I had to buy a new computer with VISTA on it... VISTA is incompatible with just about EVERYTHING.

If you have a search around the forum there are many users who are able to get WavePad working in Vista (we've tested it and have found no major issues), but like others have said, Vista does take some time to get used to.