Having problems with Vista and Escribe too

Superscriptjane

I am hoping someone else may have a fix for this. Transcriptionists who work for me are having the same problem. We can't get the escribe pedal to play files in Vista. Is there an upgraded Escribe pedal software or something? Does anyone have a fix idea? Thanks!

Check out http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/versions.html

However, the 4.10 DL is not there yet - the file you get is 4.09 and not vista ready..............

You can get v4.10 from www.audiochannel.net/software/scribe.zip. It will appear on our main server in a few weeks.

I downloaded and installed this and immediately I could the files to play that were made with the little handheld recorders some of our clients use, however, I can't get the .wav files made by our Bytescribe Orator to play. I still get that same message saying the correct codecs are not installed. Any more suggestions? I love how part of them play now, feels like I am making progress. I can get them to play in media player but of course we need them to play with the Escribe pedal. We have been using it to play these .wav files to play with the escribe pedals for years without any problems so I know it can be done!