Videopad Export Issues

gb2K

Hi! New to the forum, so if there's already a topic on this, let me know. Been using Videopad for several years now, but I've lately been finding that exports are very buggy. I'll build a whole video, previews look fine, but when I export, either the export creates a very small video file that's unplayable, or plays up to a certain transition and the rest of the video is frozen, while the audio is OK. I submitted a couple bug reports, but got no response from NCH. Anyone have similar experiences?

NOTE: I'm on the latest version of Windows 11 and the latest version of Videopad, but have experienced similar issues on Win10.

Other than that, I absolutely love the software. Thanks!

Greg

I purchased Videopad about 3 years ago and had no problems until now.  It will not finalise the edited video correctly, therefore I don't wish to export it.  I get the same problem as Greg.  So I purchased the new version in the hope that all will be well, but that was a waste of money as the problem still exists. Videopad used to be good, but now it's useless. Can I get a refund please. 

Follow through with the PC's stats, and share your project.  We'll check it out.

Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

OK, so I installed v13.57 64 bit (right-click, run as Administrator), and that seemed to work! I'll keep plugging away, and if the issue crops up again I'll do a project backup and share it here.

Thanks!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm jumping on this topic as I am having the same issue as the original author. This is only the second time I have used VideoPad. Unfortunately as my free trial has expired already I have now paid for the software so I am anxious to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

As per the above instructions, I have already tried the recommended release and running it as administrator but this has not solved my issue.

I have backed up the project and you should be able to see it here:

2023-08-19 22-49-12

My Pc's specs are as follows:

CPU Intel(R)) Core (TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00 GHz

GPU Intel(R) UHD Graphics 

RAM 8.00GB (7.81GB usable)

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense - I'm not the most computer-liiterate person!

I am tring to publish a video podcast episode and am already past the original deadline, so your urgent help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Your project upload is incomplete.  Only a few stills appear on timeline and this file is missing..

SC_gift.jpg Click to enlarge.

If your package exceeded the 5GB One Drive free account capacity it's conceivable that this is the reason that the file didn't upload.

Clean out all files and try again.  Or use Google Drive, where the free limit is 15GB.

Does the project play on the timeline as expected?  What version is being used?  Look at the bottom-left corner of the Videopad window.

Please try again.  Follow the above instructions.

I've also had success with periodically exporting my project to MP4, and then using those MP4's to build an episode of our podcast vox + guest (https://voxandstix.com/vox-guest) For example, first I create the intro and export it, then take the interview and add the stars background and sync audio if it needs it, and export it, then create a "final" project, combining the intro, interview and outro, and by doing that I'm guaranteed that even if I run into trouble, I only have to go back a step or two.

I also make backups of the .VPJ before each editing session so I can revert. But after I downloaded the latest x64 bit version, I haven't run into any export issues.

I do have a minor gripes, however. If I add a bookmark, and then I cut and insert video, the bookmark doesn't move with the video, so it's essentially useless. I found that if I use the Group feature, that works pretty well to keep effects/B-roll together, but I have to remember to do it lol. From these things, I've learned to edit the episodes "backwards". I take notes during the episode, and do the editing from the end of the episode to the beginning, which makes finding times in the episode much easier.

Otherwise, I absolutely love this software. It's fast, easy to use, easy to learn, very affordable, and extremely capable. Keep up the great work, everyone!

Greg

Thank you for your quick response.

I have deleted the backup file I sent you and backed up the project again. Having looked at the new backup file, the same issue has occurred.

I pay for OneDrive (as part of Office 365) and other videos with larger file sizes have uploaded to OneDrive perfectly in the past, so the size shouldn't be the issue.

The project plays as expected on the timeline within VideoPad, it is only when I export the video that  I have issues. I am using version 13.59, downloaded from the link that you sent to the user borate on 4th Aug above (I think it is the same version I was already using anyway). Having read through this thread I have tried running it as administrator and that has also made no difference.

New backup file here: 2023-08-22 16-11-41 file backup

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you.

5 hours ago, StitchcraftGifts said:

I have deleted the backup file I sent you and backed up the project again. Having looked at the new backup file, the same issue has occurred.

Thanks for sharing the complete project, which exported without incident here.

Between the opening slide and your on-cam video there is a small gap, which can easily be seen in Storyboard mode.  Right-click it and delete it.

But that should not have affected export.

If you have further problems check back in and start a new thread.

Thank you so much for doing this! I have downloaded the video successfully from your link so you can go ahead and delete it.

I'll keep playing with the software and see if I can get it to work for the next one.

-0-0-

Just wanted to come back and say thanks again for your help - I THINK I've sorted it now!

It looks like the issue was with the file format that I was trying to export the video as. I have now tried it with a different file format and it has exported perfectly.

Thanks for the report.  But VP should export in all listed formats.  Try the latest release if you haven't already installed it.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

What format didn't succeed ... and which one did?

The release that you installed may not be 13.61+ 64-bit - the latest as of this date.  Give it a go.

Unable to replicate the issue here, as mp4 export succeeds.

If your next video fails with that release in the same manner, please share the project per the procedure outlined in one of the above posts.