Solution for most of the troubles with remote extensions

vito

The problem in most of the cases are the same... NAT Symetric, that is used in most of the modem-routers broke the communications. Sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes in one way communication only, sometimes with SIP registration but no RTP success.

NAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VOIP.

There are thousands of documents about this problem, with this virtual PBX and all others.

You just googling: NAT and SIP and be ready to stay maaany hours reading possible expensive and complicated solutions.

Theorical solutions:

ALG (don't try it)

Universal Plug 'n Play (don't like it)

Direct connection to Internet (IP must stand on the Axon computer, not on the router) (Theoricaly it can works, but ther are negative points asswell)

And dedicated hardware.

In my case, the finest solution is to get a modem-router with DMZ host feature. It's extremly easy to configure.

When you try to do anything, like transfer a call or record a call with a VRS server... etc. NAT don't know how to send the udp packets to one IP : port to another IP : port.

DMZ sends all the IP / UDP packet lost of destination to an assigned computer on the lan. (Axon computer) Making possible the communication without any problem.

Salute

I found the best way was to use the vpn client hamachi, you can create a VOIP vpn and connect all the computers you need as remote extensions to it, this requires that no ports are open so it is much safer you then put express talk onto the remote extension computers and they connect to aaxon through hamachi, we have had great success with this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So i can put the axon server on the DMZ zone and its work?,

att. analiser

It's exactly what i did.

But think that dmz host becames unsecured from external atacks or intrusions. But on my network, composed by internal and external extensions, VRS and a 4 port FXO Gateway it was the unique solution I've found.

A VPN for example, is a solution also, but the gateway doesn't works.

S!