So angry with his rubbish software (solved)

ravendale

After spending days learning how to compile a video on this scam of software no matter what I do and follow the instruction on these forums all I get on WHICHEVER export I do is a few minutes of video and no sound and then a blank screen for the remainder of the video.

I am going to have to go to my bank and report this company as a scam and get a refund for my purchase, NOT TO MENTION MY WASTED DAYS, days I won't get back.

No matter what advice I follow to fix it, its still the same. Shame on you and shame on the people who make money from people like me who trusted you.

DISGUSTING COMPANY

Well, that's a shame.  Frustration is understandable.  Have you installed this version?

What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM?

In most cases, problems like yours can be overcome if you take the time.  Share your project and we'll analyze it, and suggest a fix.

The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

https://www.nch.com.au/general/refund.html

sent to you 

I'm now 3 hours waiting on a way to fix this carbunkle, I'm already 2 days late with my video and this is your fault, Your rubbish software, you're quick enough to take money from me, and a simple refund won't suffice, I want my 4 wasted days refunded.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing.    You are under a false impression.  While NCH may track posts, this is a peer-user forum - folks just like your helping others.

Not to say that there isn't an occasional glitch, but thousands have successfully used VP since 2008.  Your issue may be software, but we'll see.

Checking it out now and, in due time, will report back right here.

NCH isn't a greedy, disreputable company - established in about 1994.  If they were, it would have gone out of business years ago.

Your ire is understandable, as it's apparent that you put much effort into the project.  But it doesn't appear that VP is at fault.

Analyzing the project, the suspicion is that the Video - 1 - 20181211-131010.avi has distortion or irregularities that may have corrupted the profile.

That file has considerable artifacts when seen in a media viewer.  And it is PAL (25fps) standard, mixed in with your other mp4s.  Normally that's not a problem.

Further confusion might be caused by the overrun at the end of the profile.  That can be trimmed by scrolling to the end video, clicking the top of the cursor and then the ] icon.   (Revised project submitted privately.)

Why is there no basic information on this, how do I get this fixed, for the next video?  I'm very confused.

-0-0-

Thank you sooooo much, I can ease my stress levels now, but please help me to understand the next one how not to do this again.

-0-0-

It plays great on the link you sent, but when I download it, it has no sound https://content.invisioncic.com/r33241/emoticons/default_sad.png

What can I do?

-0-0-

I got it sorted now, I'm a twat, thank you again and if you have a link to some tutorials for the issues i had please let me know when you're free.

If you visit forums for other editors you will see that issues are not exclusive to Videopad.  In this case it's tough to single out a specific cause, except those mentioned above.

In general, keep things as simple as possible.  It's a learning curve.😉

In most cases there's no need for multiple sequences.  Load only the files that will be used - saves time.

To add a clip, import it into the bin, click on it to preview, drag the cursor to the IN point and press the SET IN button.  Drag to the OUT point and press the SET OUT button.  Then either drag the clip to the timeline or click the caret in the ADD button (under the preview window) to place it where desired. 

1.jpg   Or drag the untrimmed clip to the timeline, then trim it there.

As you build a project, check it for errors from time to time by exporting the existing portion.   Then you can spot and fix problems before they become a crisis.

And of course,  Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the caret to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

A segment can be exported by dragging the middle of the cursor right or left, to create a blue selection area.  Right-click that area and Export Selected Region.  2.jpg

For complex projects, use the 64-bit version of VP.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

For tutorials, there's a Tutorials link at the top of this forum.  Good luck!

• borate changed the title to So angry with his rubbish software (solved)