Default location for "Save File As"

JRC1966

I upgraded to 17.63 and there must have been a change in the program when splitting a music file.  My previous version would remember the location I saved the source music file.  When i would split a track and add the audio tags the program would remember the source file's location on my network and would save the file in that location.  In 17.63 after I split the track this version no longer remembers the source file location and saves the track in the default "Music" folder on my computer.  Any idea how to instruct this version of Wavepad to use the location of the source file when splitting tracks?

Thanks

Amen JRC1966!!!! Same problem here. I tried EVERYTHING I could to correct it with no success. It must be a "BUG" they created in this new version because I've used this program for years with no issues like this ever. Your wording on this problem is spot on .... I was trying to figure out how to word my complaint to support. Good job!

What I finally did was "Rollback" to my previous version and all is normal again. If you've come up with some other fix please let me know. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Did you ever get a remedy for this? I am a LONG TIME user of Adobe Audition, but I got a new computer and unfortunately, I am unable to install my old version. I didn't want to give them all my money, so instead, I purchased WavePad but I'm starting to rethink that. This one issue alone causes me so many extra steps to save a file that I am about to throw in the towel and get a refund.  I am working with small files (approximately 50 per session), between the inability to "copy to new" file in one step, and the headache of the files defaulting to the music file (even though the file originated somewhere else), I think maybe this software isn't for me. 😞

Perhaps that design is intended to prevent an inadvertent SAVE that overwrites the original file, which can easily occur.

Before editing, copy all files to the MUSIC folder.  Then you're protected, and SAVES or SAVE AS will be written to that 'source' folder.