Sound Distortion

Graham Plowman

Hi,

I have recently installed VideoPad and successfully made a video.

However, I am now finding that all sound on my computer (system sounds, YouTube etc) are distorted. I am also getting periodic blue screen of death, presumably due to a driver failing. Before I installed VideoPad, I had no problems with my machine. I have done chkdsk /f, memory checks and various other diagnostics and it all checks out fine.

Does the installation of VideoPad install new video/audio drivers or codecs that have messed up my computer ? How do I reverse them ?

I really like VideoPad, but if it is going to mess my machine up, I'm going to have to de-install it.

I'd appreciate any insights anyone can offer.

Many thanks

VP does install codecs, but there have been no reports this corrupts overall sound or leads to O/S crashes.  After a blue screen, there should be a .dmp file here.  Use a .dmp analysis tool to discover the cause.  Or visit a Windows forum and ask someone to examine that file file in your behalf.

If this appears to be primarily audio related you might reinstall or update the sound driver.  Chances are it's Realtek...image.png

In Device Manager, locate that tree and double-click the Realtek(R) Audio item...  image.png

Install the latest. VP release ... and report back.