no signal when youtube is playing

yahura

5 hours ago, yahura said:

may be i must uninstalled and reinstalled the whole suite that include Soundtap ?

For further diagnosis, kindly send us a screenshot of your computer's system audio settings and the program’s audio settings, and the program’s software version you are currently running. If you are using any third-party hardware (ex. audio interface), kindly let us know which exact model it is as well.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• 3 weeks later...

if your computer is using a realtek audio device then these can be troublesome due to recent security applied on newer realtek audio drivers.

one way around this is to try to use older versions of the drivers or generic drivers from microsoft but this is fidly and not really a long term solution.

I have recently found a solution to getting soundtap to work correctly on my aus rog that has realtek drivers, it also worked on my dell 7373 inspiron laptop so it has fixed the issue on two machines so far, does not mean it will work on all but please try this.

obviously make sure soundtap has been installed and registered, 

then try this

open youtube and play a long video, we dont it stopping while we are trying this fix, this will ensure there is audio being played at all times

now open soundtap , if there is no audio being seen 

try this , go to the start menu on windows and right click and choose run

now paste this into the run box

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL Mmsys.cpl,,1

press enter

the above will open a sound windows which will be focused on the recording options, dont change anything just drag the window to the side and continue working

20 hours ago, mediajf said:

if your computer is using a realtek audio device then these can be troublesome due to recent security applied on newer realtek audio drivers.

one way around this is to try to use older versions of the drivers or generic drivers from microsoft but this is fidly and not really a long term solution.

I have recently found a solution to getting soundtap to work correctly on my aus rog that has realtek drivers, it also worked on my dell 7373 inspiron laptop so it has fixed the issue on two machines so far, does not mean it will work on all but please try this.

obviously make sure soundtap has been installed and registered, 

then try this

open youtube and play a long video, we dont it stopping while we are trying this fix, this will ensure there is audio being played at all times

now open soundtap , if there is no audio being seen 

try this , go to the start menu on windows and right click and choose run

now paste this into the run box

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL Mmsys.cpl,,1

press enter

the above will open a sound windows which will be focused on the recording options, dont change anything just drag the window to the side and continue working

Thank you, i'll try

• 3 months later...

I have this same problem on a laptop (HP Envy x360 Convertible 15m-ed0xxx) with Windows 11 Home and Realtek drivers, and the Win11/Realtek combo seems to be the culprit as noted by others.  As suggested in another thread back in January 2022 about this same problem, I connected to a Bluetooth sound device and made sure my audio source was playing through it. This apparently makes the PC bypass the Realtek drivers, as the SoundTap software was then able to detect the audio stream and record it while the audio played over Bluetooth.

It's a weird workaround, but it worked for me and the SoundTap recordings were of good quality.  The original thread is here - scroll down to January 19 through January 21, 2022 where this workaround is discussed. https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/37782-soundtap-is-recording-nothing-dormant-waiting-for-audio/

• 1 month later...

Hi!

We understand that some of you are experiencing concerns with SoundTap.

Due to the wide array of hardware drivers for Windows-based laptops, there's a tendency for some models to be not supported at the moment.

However, we are continually working on further expanding our array of supported hardware.

==

If you need immediate and direct assistance, you may head to this link <https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html> to open a support ticket.