How to recover a deleted video?

Darren123

Anyone can help on how to find a video I deleted by a mistake? I know Debut is saying videos are deleted permanently, but maybe there is a way to recover it? Come other software maybe? It is a really important video and it will have an affect on my professional life.

even with a recovery software? If so why may I ask would they do that? I am surprised there is no middle state for the deleted files.  I had the same thing happen to me as a new user and was trying this morning to recover mine 5v hour video I was responsible for for family gathering.

@superfoodsgal You can try recovery software after checking the Recycle Bin. The recordings by default are located at C:\Users\"profile"\Videos\Debut unless changed or exported elsewhere. As long as it's a finished video recording, it'd go to the bin after deleting just like any other file in Windows Explorer.

Do you mean the Debut> Recordings Window? Did you make sure to include the default path C:\Users\"profile"\Videos\Debut when running the scan?

The file may be lost now and is beyond recovery, unfortunately.

i am saying i deleted from within the debut window of recordings.  when it asks if i want to permanently delete does it delete it as a whole file or ? there is no trace of the file and i tried with a second recording to test where it may have gone and no trace of the original file.......its annoying

It would be deleted as a video file, .avi by default. It bypasses the recycle bin when deleted via Debut so it seems, I've added a suggestion for improvement on this to our developers. It'd be more useful if it can go to the Recycle Bin first.

is there a way to find out what happens to the file-is there a process bv which ist is split up and thats why i dont see it?  can i search for components, etc?  thanks for instance if in the file folder it is called untitled 2 could it possibly be renamed in the deletion process to something else?

I'm not sure but I think deleting it from Debut replicates Windows Explorer's SHIFT + DELETE operation. This bypasses the recycle bin and the file just disappears, probably replaced with free space by the system

I'd say it would depend on the recovery software and how the computer was operating after the file got deleted (updates, cleaning, defrags, and the like).

You can try Recuva by Piriform, I think it's free.