Change Default Number of Days for Due Date.

steve_g

Is it possible to change the default setting for the number of days when an invoice is due?  Currently it defaults to 30 days and I want it to default to 14 days.

I know I can change it manually but sometimes I forget.

= Steve

6 minutes ago, n1x1 said:

Hello @steve_g

The default number is saved every time you change it, simply open an invoice and change the number of days. It will remember it next time you create an invoice.

image.png

Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean every invoice from that point on will be the same?  I ask because I sent an invoice to a customer with the days set to 14 days.  When I sent a new invoice to the same customer the following month, it was set to 30 days.

= Steve

• 8 months later...

The default does not stick for me. It depends how you access the Create Invoice screen. I access from the Invoices List screen and must reset each time. I have submitted an enhancement request for the default number of days to stick. Also for there to be a Due Date field that can be directly input into rather than being calculated by the number of days. Also for the Invoice Date to be editable instead of clicking in the month and having to use up-arrow or down-arrow to change the month (same for day, same for year). 

5 hours ago, MarkEG said:

The default does not stick for me. It depends how you access the Create Invoice screen. I access from the Invoices List screen and must reset each time. I have submitted an enhancement request for the default number of days to stick.

I completely agree!  Despite what others have said here, the invoices ALWAYS default to 30 days no matter what I do.  I have to remember to change it each time.