file extension reading

Guest plastered

Guest plastered

Hi all,

This is a big worry now as I can't see what's the problem.........earlier today this software was working fine and I had to re-install....Now this is where the problem is.....it seems to recognise .wav and .mp3 extensions but when I try to convert an M4A file which it has done earlier, you are asked if you want to overwrite the file and when typed YES the big red X and remove appear.... constant problem now. Any help would be just about fine right now.

Many Thanks in advance hopefully.........Plastered Guy.

• 4 months later...
Guest GHardy68

Same problem as above - no problem for a bit, but several files simply refuse to convert. Shall I torture them or threaten them with a gruesome death? Burning always seems to work with infidels... perhaps burning - but no, burning is the next step anyway.

Seriously, though, this is an interesting problem, and a frustrating. I would like very much to have a good copy of "Rhiannon" but it will not convert to mp3. Strange... I did not care much for "Why, Georgia" but it converted just fine.

(Sigh) Oh, well. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

weird, for some reason I never noticed this thread even though it was started in March....

Switch should be able to convert unprotected m4a files to whatever format you like. Remember if you bought the audio from the iTunes store or some other online music store then it is protected and can't be converted.

• 6 months later...
Guest And21
weird, for some reason I never noticed this thread even though it was started in March....

Switch should be able to convert unprotected m4a files to whatever format you like. Remember if you bought the audio from the iTunes store or some other online music store then it is protected and can't be converted.

I'm having the same problem and just get redirected to the website. Has anybody found an answer to this yet, apart from change to another converter?

There never seem to be any answers posted on this forum.

Guest And21
I'm having the same problem and just get redirected to the website. Has anybody found an answer to this yet, apart from change to another converter?

There never seem to be any answers posted on this forum.

Taken to answering my own queries now! Some would say that is how it should be.

Reinstall switch, as it may have somehow have lost some components and then download the aac components from the relevant page.