MP4 produces green and purple video

itsme

I've had a couple of times where a project began displaying a video clip in purple and green.  After export to an MP4 those problems didn't show up and it was normal.  I decided to upgrade to the latest version expecting to fix that (v13.37) and now when open that same project and export the mp4 it has the green and purple in the exported mp4 where the preview does not (opposite to what it was doing).

I read a post from 2022 which you said to install some previous version (not the version I'm using) and then there wasn't much more discussion.  It was also asked of him - CPU/GPU/RAM/free space.  Mine is:

Intel Core i5-6500 @ 3.20 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6800
16 GB RAM
295 GB Free space

After starting Videopad, but before loading the project, click on OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

If that doesn't help...

Go into OPTIONS | ADVANCED | GPU Video Processor area at the bottom and click the caret to expand the choices.

Click on None(CPU only) and restart the program.  image.png  Any change?

About 14 min long.  I have about 1.5 GB of video (mp4) and jpg from my phone. The video files say 1920 x 1080 @ 256 kbps bitrate and audio is 48kHz.  The jpg's are 1800 x 4000.  When I do the export, VideoPad preselects "Auto Match Content (3414 x 1920)" resolution which I left.

Just now I was at 63% and canceled it.  I am now exporting at 1920 x 1080 and it's up to 9.5%.  That's much faster, but when it's done I'll see if it has any purple/green.

-0-0-

It finished and there was the purple and green.  I deleted that and then went into Options and Disk and delete cache files again and I'm re-exporting to see if that changes anything.  It's at 6%.

Okay I've canceled that, changed the gpu setting and it said it would take effect on next start, so I closed the program and restarted it and I'm now exporting again.

-0-0-

That seems to have fixed it.

Yeah it shows 4 options:

None (CPU only)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Since I know I have the AMD, where did the Intel come from?

I changed it to the Intel, restarted videopad, ran the export again and it also worked, but it definitely seemed to take longer to export.

The Intel is built into the motherboard. 

There may be a setting in the BIOS to switch between it and the AMD card but perhaps that's the same as making the Intel choice in Videopad?

Thanks for testing.  The issue has been reported.