Clip appearing in zoom

ndubau

Excuse my english but I'm a new french user of this soft.

I would like to make clips appear reduced in size from calendar boxes (image https://icalendrier.fr/media/imprimer/2023/mensuel/avril/calendrier-avril-2023.png) and then grow to fill all the space. Would this be possible?

-0-

What I would like is to have the image of the calendar as track 1 in the background and see the resized video appear in track 2 upon a box of the calendar then expand to cover the calendar. Something like this screen copy https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsfmr7yx5ce0260/my idea .png?dl=0

• borate changed the title to Clip appearing in zoom

The task takes experimentation, and time.  Perhaps this is what you have in mind...

For contrast, a sepia effect was added to the track 1 calendar.

The original white calendar was cropped in a graphic program to show only the '12' square, which then was overlaid on VP track 2.

The MOTION effect scaled and positioned the cropped square to overlay its calendar square.  A keyframe was created by clicking the small green + on the toolbar.

The red cursor was dragged a graph square to the right.  Another keyframe was added, duplicating the first  This is where motion begins.

The red cursor was then dragged far right.  Scale and position adjustments were made to position the '12' square to cover the entire calendar.

A saturation effect was added, initially set to zero opacity. 

The cursor was moved to where movement begins and another transparency keyframe was set by clicking the small green + sign.  This is the '12' fade-in point.

The cursor was moved to the end of the clip and transparent opacity was set to 100%.

Back up frequently, for protection, by using Save AS, and giving it a unique # or name, so as to not overwrite prior saves.  If Save is simply clicked, it will overwrite.

Without the sepia effect, and with a black border added to the bin clip prior to dropping it on the timeline, the project looks like this.

Hello Borate
First of all, thank you for your time!
My idea has 2 elements: the calendar is fixed at the bottom of the screen; the clip (bird) appears in small size superimposed in a box of the calendar to then grow and occupy the entire screen. I put an archive of the elements on this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zf4evdtpldq0vf/Archive.zip?dl=0 because I didn't find how to attach to my answer.

On track 1, use the MOTION effect parameters to size and position the calendar if necessary.  The image can be dragged in the PV window.

On track 2, with the red cursor at the start, use the MOTION scale parameter, along with dragging the bird, to fit it into a box.

Set a keyframe with the small green +.

Move the cursor to the end.  Scale-up and drag the bird to fill the screen.  Double-click the video below to enlarge it.

While editing the effect, click the VIEW icon, under the preview window, and choose Clip and Background.  image.png

You might also enable dual-pane windows.  Click the 3-lined Menu at the top-left, then VIEW | Show Dual Previews.  image.png

In that mode, Clip preview is at the left and Sequence preview is at the right.

• 3 weeks later...

The easiest way is to use the pan and zoom effect. You adjust the end frame and the start frame, effect speed, so for your start frame frame you capture the birdhouse. If you have trouble to crop the small portion precisely, use Position in the presets. Go slide right and then use scale, zoom in.

The trick is not to be polarized; you can make the thing you want backwards if it is easier and then just reverse clip,

I think it I would prefer to zoom in on the birdhouse, because, the way you imagined it you move a photo sparing the table that is not really appealing to the eye, you are practically reducing colour. At least do a negative on the calendar so it would glow up and when you scale up you lose focus.

A nice trick is the cartoon effect and when it scales up crossfade to original, it is a common effect, but man avoid squares. The larger invisible part of the mind is pleased with circles and unilateral triangles. The scare house it just doesn't make sense, that is why a bird or a bat gets confused when it flies to a room. Spiders always make the webbing in the corner.  https://www.bitchute.com/channel/v361Z0qBvJMX/  Check out my channel maybe you will see what I mean.