Can't switch audio streams

Dingbat

So I'm doing some recording with OBS. I have a desktop audio and a mic audio. I have it set to make 2 separate audio tracks.

When I play it in any video player I can switch between the audio tracks but when I load it into video pad I can't switch the audio tracks. Regardless of if I switch it to audio stream 1 or 2 it plays the desktop audio.

I've tried everything I can think of. Originally it let me select witch audio track I wanted when I loaded the video file in but for some reason it doesn't do that anymore. i already paid for video pad and I don't want that money to go to waste because of this issue. Please advise.

• borate changed the title to Can't switch audio streams

Fear not;  your investment won't go to waste.

Load the file.  If not prompted for the stream, right-click the file in the bin and Select Stream.  Then drop the file to the timeline.

To load another stream, load the file once again and select the alternate stream.  Overlay it on the timeline.

If this doesn't solve the issue, please upload the file to a free server.  Get a shared (public) link and post it here or to me in a Private Message (folder at top-right).

We'll check it out.  What release of VideoPad is being used?

Are you telling to me unlink the audio from the video and then drop the audio file into the timeline in an audio track spot?

When I load a file into the bin it loads both the video and audio track 1 (desktop audio) into the timeline. If I unlink the video and audio, yes it separates then but as I stated it will not recognize audio stream 2 (microphone).

No matter what I do it stays as audio stream 1 (desktop audio) it even says audio stream 2 (microphone) is selected, yet its still audio stream 1 (desktop).

Before I upload a file and send you a link to it so you can access it, can you explain to me how when the same file is loaded into a video player switching audio streams works perfectly but it's just in video pad that this issue arises.

This doesn't sound like an issue with my file, it sounds like a problem with videopad. I just don't want to go through the effort of uploading a file somewhere if this is just a misunderstanding.

I'm using videopad professional (licensed software) v12.30 64bit .

---  resolved via a PM  ---

It's likely that neither the file nor VP is at fault.  The viewer apparently handles the file differently than Videopad.

Load the clip into the bin.  If not prompted for a stream, right-click it and Select Stream.

Again load the same clip into the bin and select another stream.  Drop it onto the overlay track, immediately above the first clip.

Hide one of the video tracks. Or UNlink and delete it, if you'd rather not see it.

If this icon isn't visible, right-click at the left of the track and make the Hide choice.... image.png

Now you have a single active video track and two audio tracks, each with its own stream.

Upload and share your file and we will confirm that this works correctly in version 12.30, which it does here when tested on a multi-stream MKV file.